Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ultrasound at 16 Week

mela is offline Registered User
    At 16 weeks you can be pretty sure and they rarely mae mistakes.Dr Gosh is a pretty well known expert. I know it's disappointing for you but to be honest there are so many peole around who would do anything to have a baby, a full term, healthy baby wheather a boy or a girl that I find it hard to understand your hopes that it's not a girl.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Some people might find it hard to post on this website when they are judged like that. What's there to understand? The poster is just being honest and point blank about her feelings. No need to try to make her feel guilty for those feelings.

mela is offline Registered User
    Fair enough I'm taking it back sorry. To the point I found out the sex at 14 weeks and it was accurate.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    I read an article last year about some doctors not being totally truthful about their ultrasound qualifications in Hong Kong...of course they don't publish who...but if Dr. Ghosh teaches it, I'm sure he's pretty accurate and reliable. But all doctors are human too and can make mistakes. He's also very well-known so I wouldn't worry too much. But you're the mommy so whatever you can to make yourself feel better, you can always try a second opinion.

rs2000 is offline Registered User
    thanks for all your inputs!
    i am trying to get normal .......
    its not about not being happy for my baby! i love her more than anything.
    but i feel the family might not be complete. we dont have xplat package and schooling is such a big thing for us.

now will have to think about when and if we want a third one. will keep thinking about this in the years to come.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I think it's normal to sometimes be "disappointed" in the gender of your child - I have a friend who had four boys and her fifth was a girl, and she freaked out! She said it was a good thing she found out in the pregnancy because she had to take a lot of time to adjust to the idea of having a girl. Of course when you meet your little one, you'll love her and wouldn't be able to imagine her being a boy instead!!

With both of my girls, I never really "believed" it completely until the gender was confirmed two or three times in separate ultrasounds. With my first, he told me at 13 weeks and I thought surely they couldn't be very accurate that early - I asked him how sure he was and he said "I'm very tempted to say 100% sure". With my 2nd, at 13 weeks it wasn't visible but we found out when she was 17 weeks instead.

I think I would need some adjusting time if I had a boy - I love having girls, I've always wanted daughters, and I can't really imagine having a son. I'm sure if I had a boy, of course I would love him and all - but it wouldn't feel so "natural" for me. So I know where you're coming from :)

rs2000 is offline Registered User
    The thing is that I am not sure about having the third kid just because I want to have both genders. If I just have a 3rd child for this, I would have to think about the financials too. Then what if the third one is a girl too....
    may be I am just thinking too much... I tried but I can stop thinking about this......

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    am in a similar position as you, but i don't think i want my 3rd child because
    1) my #1 is 28mths and #2 6mths, 2 girls, 2 years apart is alot to handle....
    2) ideally i would wait till #2 is at least 2 before trying for #3, but even if all goes successfully, i'd be 38 when i had #3, i think it would be hard for me physically to take care of three at that age. i'm a very hands on mom, and 2 girls is already alot of work.
    3) if #3 is a girl, it'd in fact be "easy" except for the education fees, because everything (well almost everything) would be hand me downs - with a boy, you'd buy everything new.

i have 2 healthy girls - i think for me personally, i will stop, if i could guarantee a boy for #3 of course I'd have #3 (my husband is the only boy in his generation - the family surname stops with us! ) ha-ha, luckily for my in-laws it doesn't seem to be such a big deal. having 2 girls is good too they can communicate and share many things as they grow up, girlie things etc. my hubby has my sisters 2 boys to play with - he gets his "boys" time. of course he'd like a boy, but he is already feeling the pressure of paying school fees, and our daughter is only going to playgroups! why not spend more time and money on your existing two? having 3 really close together is good for the kids in the long run, but in the meantime you will have a very rowdy household! (my sis has a 5yr old, 4 yr old and 2 yr old)....just for you to think about...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast