Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Teething

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Teething

My 5 month old seems to be teething. He is fussy, restless, keep rubbing His face and pulling his ears, and would chew on anything that he has access to. I cannot see any sign of tooth coming yet though....

I was just wondering how long this process of teething last. He has really been sleeping badly lately, and keep waking up in the middle of the night. Also he used to be able to sleep on his own or with little help. But for the last few days I had to go to bed with him, or at least lay next to him in order to make him sleep or make him sleep longer..... don't want to introduce bad habit, but that is the only way to make him rest...... When will my baby be back to normal?
    Posted via Mobile Device

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Have you tried calgel? It worked for my daughter. She was like that for about 10 weeks and ended up getting 5 teeth in 4 days!

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    10 weeks??? Wow, that is really long! Is Calgel to be apply on the gum? Where can I buy it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Yeah, ten weeks but then they all came out together so it stopped after that! I was very lucky though, because she still slept well and mostly ate well, she just looked like she had been burnt on her cheeks and she had a nappy rash, slobbered a lot and would chew on anything that would fit in her mouth!
    My son was completely different, I didn't even know he was teething and one day he just had a front tooth!
    Calgel is rubbed on to the gums and I think I got mine in Watsons but I will check again.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    Also give nurofen for the pain and should help with sleep too. Teething can last months and is a complete nightmare for mothers!

carang is offline Registered User
    my boy had 6 teeth by 6 months, which is fairly early...i found that the first (two~ they always came in pairs for him) bothered him the most. once he got used to the feeling, they bothered him less and less.