Forced VBAC in the public hospital?
- 01-13-2011, 09:33 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Tsuen Wan
I had my consultation today and it was a nightmare. The doctor all but glanced at my previous c-section scar, and then muttered that I would go for a trial of labour. When I protested, what ensued was a full blown argument, complete with yelling, the kind you would see in a bar rather than between a respected doctor and patient. He was similar to the others I have come across in the public system - defensive policy-pushers seemingly devoid of their own opinions, and with little regard for the patients opinions or feelings. He held out for a long time, but in the end I got 'my way' - an elective c-section. Anyway, although I am feeling awful about this and the hospital, and still wish I could have just gone for the VBAC, this meeting actually enforces the reasons why I don't want to have one at the hospital. I can't wait for all of this to be over.
- By kip1 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
- By HappyV in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 09-30-2008, 11:25 AM
- By 1st_time_dad in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
- By preggo in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:05 PM
- By rani in forum News and IssuesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2003, 06:55 PM