Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good Dr.?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Dr Lam Yung Hang is great as is Dr Sally Ferguson.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenzhennifer View Post
    Hmm..it might be different once you're admitted into hospital to have your baby, but the only person I have encountered in the clinics and hospitals who hasn't spoken English was some kind of admin lady who organizes people in the MCHC. And the cleaners.
    I delivered my last in China, and less than 50% of the staff spoke basic English, but it was actually fine. If I really needed it, they found someone who could speak it. hK is pretty good for English, particularly in the health services. I wouldn't make it a consideration in choosing public or private.
    I think it depends which hospital you go to really. At the Prince of Wales, yes most people spoke fine English, but at the MCHC in Ma On Shan I had problems. Many of the nurses/midwives English was not good at all and it was luck of the draw who you saw. One in particular, could only say 'baby' and 'normal'. Yes, you could always insist on seeing somebody else but after you've been waiting in a queue for three hours your patience for it wears a bit thin. It was frustrating because I couldn't have many of my questions answered. I agree, though, that I wouldn't really make it a consideration for choice between public and private as you could always find someone to talk to, and/or you can supplement public care with private consultations to answer important questions, but I do think that it varies across HK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top