Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Problems breathing

NewBabyLA is offline Registered User

Problems breathing

I'm worried new born is having problems breathing due to dry air. Is a humidifier a good idea in her room? Or am I being a worried mom?

AmyH is offline Registered User
    There is no such thing as just being a worried mum. Always trust your insticts. The air is quite dry at the moment so if you think a humidifier would help then I would say get one.

BLWC is offline Registered User
    What makes you think she's having breathing problems? If you're really worried I'd see a Dr just to make sure nothing's wrong. Newborns are quite noisy breathers in general but if she seems to be struggling for breath it would be worth getting advice.

http://typhoonsandtantrums.blogspot.com

veggieyogini is offline Registered User
    I am considering the same. Baby's breathing sounds "dry". Is there something available on the market like a cream to moisturize inside of nose for babies? NewBabyLA, did you buy a humidifier? Does it help?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    One important thing is to keep your baby's nose clear, with saline solution and a pump, as babies naturally breath with their nose, and not their mouth, that's why they can be very noisy sometimes.

deasy_h is offline Registered User
    My baby is also very noisy sometimes. She's 3 weeks old.
    Frenchy, how to clean the baby's nostril? & could you please tell how to use the saline solution & pump?

alfa is offline Registered User
    I know how worried it is at first but babies are noisy at night. My baby sounded like an old man - I took her to the doctor as I was super worried and he just laughed! However if you notice your baby going blue or struggling to breathe you should see someone asap.
    Babies tend to grunt at night, sigh and breathe loudly unrtil they are about 6 weeks old. Sth to do with lungs maturity etc. We had air con on full blast and I was worriecabout the effects but she just grew out of it. We did buy the air purifiers tho but I reckon they don't make much difference. I was constantyly freaked out for the first three months hence all the expensive equipment:)
    If you are worried just see the doctor - better than thinking about it all the time.
    Good luck!!!