Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cot

lrpolo is offline Registered User

Cot

What kind of cot do people have/are people getting? I'm kind of in a quandry as to whether I should get a drop down side one or not after reading they're banning them in the US from next year June 2011

Sharon

southside852 is offline Registered User

Our cot was bought at John Lewis in London and was drop-down until it broke after about 12 months. But I really did't use the drop-down feature as the cot mattress was also adustable (3 different levels) so as a newborn it was up high then has he grew, we just lowered it down. I found that to be most helpful b/c by the middle level, our son could sit up and by the end he could stand so I was not bending all the way down to pick him up.

alfa is offline Registered User

I have Bori and love it

newbiekt is offline Registered User

I have had fixed side cots, but not because of the ban I just liked the design! I have heard of a couple of friends whose helpers have sometimes forgotten to put the side up. Fixed side avoids that problem. I agree with the other poster about different levels for the mattress working really well - that's how ours works too.

Portia is offline Registered User

I also have a Boori and love it. I use the dropside all the time and find it really useful. I'm not overly concerned regarding the ban as my Boori is so much better constructed than the crib that we used in Canada (from Storkcraft and very flimsy).

Scroll to top