any technics for ESF interview?
- 11-28-2013, 11:37 AM #17Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
Nevertheless, my son froze up every time the teachers came up to speak to him and they do come up. I guess that's why he was waitlisted...but from what we understood there was a very good chance he would get in, as he was high up on the waitlist. We dropped out of the list eventually because he got into another kindy closer to home.
But anyway, my experience was that the ESF process is friendly to shy kids, however, a child that doesn't speak up probably fares less well in their assessment. I think your child probably has a fairer chance in ESF than in other places because they do seem to understand that kids are not automatons, the problem is that there are so many applicants so definitely hedge your bets.
- 11-28-2013, 11:55 AM #18Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
Great... thanks for sharing your xeprience there, charade.
Yes, as you said, I am definitely playing it safe and enrolling her into other places as well. I have also enrolled her for the Busy Bees language playgroup session at Hillside... just to get her used to the place before the interview.
The issue is, she not only freezes but cries terribly and tries her best that I get her out of that 'strange / new' place :)))
Let's see what happens... fingers crossed!
- By mommyboy in forum EducationReplies: 15Last Post: 11-01-2011, 08:32 AM
- By wegetable in forum EducationReplies: 2Last Post: 05-16-2010, 11:03 PM
- By aussiegal in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2008, 05:05 PM
- By courtbas in forum EducationReplies: 8Last Post: 04-20-2007, 04:45 PM
- By tarakoo in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 03-22-2006, 11:45 AM