Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Princess Margaret Hospital?

mavislohsp is offline Registered User

Princess Margaret Hospital?

Hi All,

Is there anyone give birth at Princess Margaret Hospital recently? I couldn't find any recent report on this hospital. Are they allow husband in the delivery suite? How is the overall experience?

Any comment will be useful. Thank you!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I can let you know in a few weeks, as I will be delivering there. I have been there a couple of times for check ups and its been ok. Its a huge hospital. As far as I read, they allow husbands into the delivery suite, but just not the labour room, which I think sucks. Hopefully, i will be having an elective c-section there, will find out in a few days, so no need to labour alone. But really not looking forward to the whole experience. Wish I went private.

Thanks Shenzhennifer! Guess you should be excited to finally seeing your baby in a few weeks time! Wish everything goes well as you plan. Looking forward to your comments later. Cheers!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    We are probably moving out to Tung Chung so will also probably be delivering at Princess Margaret. I delivered at QMH last time and was pretty happy with my experience there so a bit nervous that we'll have to go to a different hospital this time. Looking forward to hearing your report. Good luck!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    You might have read my post I just added to my 'forced vbac' thread, but if not, just briefly: had my 36 week consultation at PMH. Had a fight with the doctor who was a real %$&hole. The biggest one I've met so far in the HK medical world, in fact. I will get what I want, but really had to fight for it. It was a miserable experience and has even moreso soured my whole experience there.
    Also, the bathrooms are gross, particularly the handicapped one in the antenatal clinic. It's really disgusting. We were there for over 2 hours for a 15 minute consulation. It's crowded and disorderly. I dread giving birth there. It has seriously been a huge mistake for me and I wish more than ever that I chose a private hospital.

Hi Shenzhennifer, i had searched and read on your "forced vbac" and am astonished to read it. Seems like most of the people had pretty good experience with QMH, but for PMH.......
    I wish thing turn out well for you on your 36 weeks consultation....
    Another thing that I just found out is if we r going to delivery in public hospital, we are not able to keep the baby's cord blood, which I wish to do it for my baby.... guess I am asking too much......