Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Kindergarten, HELP Please!

HKdad is offline Registered User
    Help please, we missed both full-day daycare and K1 interview dates for my 25 months young daughter (At a time our less than 10days hired helper said she comtemplated jumping out of the 16 storey window with our daughter).

We suspected helper was misinformed about us by an outsider that we didn't know but all is good now with the same helper however, getting to the bottom of such threat resulted into school placement problem for our baby.

We live in Shatin and would appreciate any help for any nearby school. Thank you.

carang is offline Registered User
    i'm sorry to derail the thread, but you have a helper who has threatened to jump out of the window WITH your child and you are keeping her???? are you completely INSANE? i honestly can't believe that you would honestly keep someone who has threatened this whether or not she was "misinformed" about your family! she is mentally ill, it seems to me, and she should NOT be left with your child!

forget schooling, find a helper you can trust. someone who will make your child's well-being their #1 priority.

HKdad is offline Registered User
    Thanks Carang, we spoke with her agency several times and with her (more than enough) since then.
    She knew she made serious mistake going that way no matter who or what might have influence her.

I have been home watching her behavior and moves. We also had cameras installed even before she started with
    us and she's been really good.

She's now with us for three months and we are all happy. She wasn't crazy but just childish fearing that she wouldn't last with us as we fired several helpers who weren't suitable for us..... so it was definitely caused by another helper in our building. We're guarding our kids more than normal and aren't insane to endanger our kids.

carang is offline Registered User
    i honestly can't imagine leaving my kids at home alone with her... if that's how she handles stress...but it is your child and up to you, not me, whether or not she's the right person to be caring for your child.

as for schools, you don't mention anything other than you live in shatin... what are your other requirements? do you drive? or are you looking for public transport? or will you try to make use of a school bus? how far are you willing to let your child "commute"? do you want english/cantonese/mandarin? are you looking for full-day or 1/2-day? what kind of fees are you prepared to pay?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12