Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Need advice on Travelling to Sentosa, Singapore. Thank you!

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Need advice on Travelling to Sentosa, Singapore. Thank you!

Hi, we are planning a holiday to Santosa, Singapore during the Chinese New Year and taking a 20 months old toddler with us. They have a website giving very detailed information of the island but it seems they have so many hotels to choose from. Can anyone recommend a hotel to me, the location should ideally be convenient? And, I assume we will be landing at Changi Airport so what is the best way (considering taking a toddler) to get to Sentosa? Thank you!

carey is offline Registered User
    Hi there, we took our 11 month old to sentosa around Easter 2009. It was a good time except that he had to nap every two hours.

We stayed at the festive hotel. There are quite a few near or next to the Festive, like Micheals, Hard Rock. When we were going, the Hard Rock hotel were still under constrution. And Festive was our choice becuase I thought it was closer to the Universal Studio ( After being there, I think all there hotels have similar distance to the park. The size of the room at the Festive was quite good. The arranged a crib for us. But I think my 19 month old won't fit in that crib now because it looked small to me then. We went when everything were still very new, so we did not notice a kids club at the Festive. But if I am not wrong, the Michaels has a kids club. ( Forgive me if I spell "Michaels" wrong. Reply this thread in a hurry)

Perhaps you should really look into what hotels are avaiable at sentosa soon. My sister went about three weeks ago and there was no more room avaiable at the Festive anymore and there were rebooked to the Michaels.

Have fun and let me know if you have more questions.

We took a cab from the airport to sentosa. We arrived late so we missed the free shuttle bus that would take us to the island. I suggest you called the hotel you would stay to see if they have shuttle from the airport to the island.

Book your ticket online through park website ahead of time if you are thinking to go to the Universial Studio. We did that and my sister who went recently did the same thing. At the time we went, booking ahead was the only way. My sister said that you could get same day ticekt at the booth at the park gate. But they only sell limited tickets perday. When she were there, the tickets were all sold before 10am.

matemate is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by OX Jess View Post
    Hi, we are planning a holiday to Santosa, Singapore during the Chinese New Year and taking a 20 months old toddler with us. They have a website giving very detailed information of the island but it seems they have so many hotels to choose from. Can anyone recommend a hotel to me, the location should ideally be convenient? And, I assume we will be landing at Changi Airport so what is the best way (considering taking a toddler) to get to Sentosa? Thank you!
    if you can afford it, i strongly recommend the capella hotel. we just stayed there on a company event and it's beautiful

sentosa is too small, so pretty much everything is convenient.

go there by taxi. nothing easier.

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Many thanks carey and matemater. Unfortunately I don't think my trip in the CNY can materialise as all the packages to Santosa are fully booked. To book air ticket and hotel separately is unbelievably expensive. HK$8000 a round-trip ticket HK<=> Sinapore, isn't it insane?!? I have to postpone the holiday to Easter and this time I will be clever and book a package way ahead... Thanks again.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    You should check out Tiger Airways :)