Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Milk bank

kinniechen is offline Registered User

Milk bank

Hi all,

Anyone knows about any milk bank in Hong Kong? I have quick a "milk stock" and think should better give away than throw away. This stock is from October to November 2010.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    There is none. I'm exclusively pumping and am throwing out 6-800mL every DAY. Looked around for some options to donate but there are no official channels. I tried asking around privately if anyone was interested - sometimes that is an option, I think that's the only way that you can donate breastmilk in HK. If you find something I don't know about, let me know because I'm still interested in donating.

kinniechen is offline Registered User
    Thanks, Nicolejoy. I think donating is one option if no milk bank is available in HK. I have some current stock too, though frozen. If anyone interested, please reply.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    One thing that I tried doing was giving it to my older daughter. She doesn't always want it though - but I sometimes will use it in a smoothie or something like that and she doesn't know ;) There's no way that I can use all my excess though, and I'm scared of trying to reduce my supply and then either reducing it too much and finding it hard to get it back up again - or if my daughter for some reason wants a lot more than what she's currently drinking but I can't meet her new needs... I'd rather have the excess supply even if it means tipping it down the sink - it's easier doing that then trying to boost my supply in a month or two! It's such a shame there's no milk bank though.

Papaya is offline Registered User
    It's really kind that you think of this. I had low supply and was very happy to be able to use milk from a friend and from my sister in law when I needed it - it meant that we could delay the introduction of formula and I do feel it was very much worth the effort.

There are plenty of babies in HK that need breast milk, but some may be concerned about "milk-sharing". I know that the friend who offered me her milk also gave some to a lactation consultant called Mrs. Chee
    94176366 (not sure this is up to date). I think she may even have been able to pasteurize it or something to make it safer. Else have you tried to ask LLL? Annerly also have a Breast-feeding cafe perhaps they can put a note up there.

HK does need a milk bank. Good to start an online system!

prone_to_wander is offline Registered User
    There is an eats on feets hong kong group on facebook. Perhaps you could connect with moms on there.

Kalinatata is offline Registered User
    Hello,

I would like to come and take your milk for my daughter Nicole, she is 2 month.
    If you have a time, please email/sms me to [email protected] or 67401995

Thank you very much!!!!

Best Regards, Nataliia