Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Prams

charade is offline Registered User
    I have a Capella stroller which we bOught secondhand. I don't have a car and mainly use mtr. I was concerned becoz the size of the stroller means I have to use the wider gate to enter the mtr but that hasn't involved much detour so far. I recommend getting a heavier sturdy pram if you're going to walk around. The little I've been out and about I'm happy I went with a pram with bigger wheels.
    Posted via Mobile Device

leetaylor is offline Registered User
    Thank you all for your advice, it is much appreciated.

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
    The other oddity I would mention is wheelbase. Our cuurent stroller for a toddler is about 2 inches too wide for the standard MTR gate. This means using the wide handicapped gates or up and over, which can be a pain. You might want to consider a slightly narrower wheelbase if MTR is going to be common.
    Penguinsix, would you mind telling us which stroller you're using? I'm hoping to avoid making the mistake of buying a stroller with a large wheelbase. Thanks

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    We have a bugaboo bee and had a graco (for when I wandered around by myself). We love the bugaboo bee but out DD who is 3 and only on the 50th centile for size, is already bursting out of the chair and seat belt, so the new bugaboo bee makes more sense as it is a little wider. The graco was good in theory, light enough that I could carry with my DD up and down steps by myself if needed but it is a rough, rough ride with no suspension (the one I bought was less than 3kg all up), the material is not cushioned and my DD refused to sit in it.....so it had to go........
    looking at the bugaboo donkey now......due out april 2011!!! exciting

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymoo View Post
    We have a bugaboo bee and had a graco (for when I wandered around by myself). We love the bugaboo bee but out DD who is 3 and only on the 50th centile for size, is already bursting out of the chair and seat belt, so the new bugaboo bee makes more sense as it is a little wider. The graco was good in theory, light enough that I could carry with my DD up and down steps by myself if needed but it is a rough, rough ride with no suspension (the one I bought was less than 3kg all up), the material is not cushioned and my DD refused to sit in it.....so it had to go........
    looking at the bugaboo donkey now......due out april 2011!!! exciting
    It's interesting that you didn't have a good experience with the Graco due to the poor suspension. Tnx for sharing.

On a sidenote, the name "Bugaboo Donkey" is kinda funny!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12