Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gassy baby can't sleep

charade is offline Registered User
    Suv, how did you figure out what in your diet is causing it. I went on a diet where I was eating nothing but congee, a bit small piece of chicken and some vegetable for a week. I've been off dairy for 4 weeks, egg for ages. Recently I started dairy and my baby seemed worse but actually he was already cranky the day before. So wondering if it was something I ate then... The whole diet thing has become such a stress for me because I cannot figure out what on earth it could be. Nevertheless, I keep cutting things out of my diet but I can't be sure I'm seeing a result or it's just coincidence.

So, how did you figure it was cabbage? Was the reflux dramatically better when you cut it out? How long after you cut it out did it take for you to see results? Help!

Also Licqiorice... which formula did you use?

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi charade. I use Wyeth S26 because this is the first one we bought. It works well for my son. I heard that Aptamil is very good. My sister-in-law told me it is used in special care units in hospitals in the UK.

curios is offline Registered User
    thanks all will be trying infacol and gripe water to see if it improves.

interested to hear peoples diet also as ive cut down all the known culprits, but she still is gassy

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    Hi charade and curios, sorry for the late reply. Diet was all about trial and error unfortunately. The doc told me to go easy on milk and broccoli. I started making a note of everything I ate and noted the baby's reaction. And the cabbage thing was unbelievable- his reaction was instantaneous and I don't know how I (and others in the house) never saw it before he was 6 weeks- i think I was eating cabbage every other day!:( He was also in pain if I ate peanuts but not as much, milk on the other hand was not really a culprit. I feel your pain but they do grow out of it- really!!

taysty is offline Registered User
    I also put on ointment if my baby seems very gassy. It makes my baby tummy warm. I think it should be similar to what Suv is using. Sometimes, if she cries too much before last feed I will use gripe water. And she will fart more the next morning. Other than all these I put on tummy warp all the time, it's a Chinese kind of thing, like an adult tube top for her, I think it makes her tummy warm. Don't know if it's really useful but since it's winter now, I guess one more top won't harm?

Thanks SUV and Taysty for your responses (and curios for starting this thread!). I've been off dairy for two weeks, just eating a bit of cheese right now. Wish me luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12