Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gassy baby can't sleep

curios is offline Registered User

Gassy baby can't sleep

My baby is pretty gassy and wakes up every hour with tummy upsets. This is quite difficult at nights.

Any advice on how to ease out and enable him to sleep longer?

In addition, any idea where to get enfamil gentleaseq.

charade is offline Registered User
    How old is your baby? My baby is 6 weeks and has the same issue as well as a bit of reflux. I've been using this gripe water made in India called Bonissan which gives some relief. I also find he sleeps better after a bath so we give him his bath before the last feed at night. But would be interested in hearing the solutions of other mums with gassy babies too.

BeaMae is offline Registered User
    My daughter was very gassy, and still is. The biggest thing I did was change my diet, which really helped her. She got a lot of relief from that, so if you are breastfeeding you might want to alter your diet and see of that helps (or change your formula type). But I also tried a lot of different positions to help her relieve the pressure, and that helped a lot too. I found if I could help her get the air out, before she was crying in pain, she did much better during the day and at night. She still has some trouble, but it is much much improved. PM me of you want specifics. Hope it gets better soon.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    My baby was often the same at night. He is 6 weeks. I breastfeed but found that he digests formula much more easily - I know it is supposed to be the opposite. I have been giving him one or two bottles a night for a week or so now and he doesn't wake up so frequently anymore.

CFM
    CFM is offline Registered User
    Gripe water works wonders for my daughter. (available in Watsons- it is basically dill oil and bicarb) She is now 8 months and I still give it to her occasionally in the evenings before bed if she seems very 'burpy' in the afternoon. I exclusively BF and I did work out that she reacted particularly badly when I ate broccoli, so I cut that from my diet for a while, although I plan to reintroduce small amounts soon to see if she has grown out of the sensitivity....

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    Diet was big for me too. My baby reacted to cabbage. I used infacol before a feed and gripe water after. Yes, I was desperate to give the baby some relief!:) I also used a green oil that my helper introduced me to- name is Acetie de Manzanilla. Its herbal, external use only- you only rub on tummy, back and bums. Its fabulous, within minutes big farts or poo comes out relieving the baby. It is available in World Wide House in any general store.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi Suv, where can you get this Acetie de Manzanilla? Not sure what World Wide House is...

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    oh sorry I am a bit HKIsland centric. Its a building on the corner of Pedder Street/Des Voeux Street in Central. After you climb the escalator- next 2-3? floors are all for Filipino stores- from general stores, clothing, dvd, tickets, mobile cards, etc. There is a store on 1st level if you are entering from Chater House.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast