Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

considering baby No.2...current info?

rebekah is offline Registered User

considering baby No.2...current info?

We've been considering baby no.2 for a while and while I think we may well go through with it in the coming months, I'm wondering what the current options are...

I had my first baby here in 08 with Dr. Dawkins, but he left shortly thereafter and I have no idea who is the most natural friendly, laid back doc around right now? And i guess after I pick a doc I can pick a hospital, and THEN I can consider actually getting pregnant... backwards I know.

So who are the current faves in OB world right now?

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    I absolutely LOVE Dr Patrick Chan. I think his name definitely comes up more and more often now. He mainly delivers at Matilda but I think can also deliver at Adventist or Sanatorium. He delivered my 2nd last Feb. Since then I've referred at least 3 other friends to him who have also been very happy. I never felt rushed through any of my appointments and he definitely took the time to thoroughly address any concerns or questions that I had along the way. Most importantly he never once made me feel like my questions were stupid. He does everything himself so he does a very thorough job with examining you. You can always find him - even if it's in the middle of the night of a weekend. I think his fees are also one of the most responsible ones around for a private doctor. Also regardless of whether or not you ends up delivering your baby or not, he treats each of his patients all the same.

Another favorite is Dr. Doo.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hi Rebekah

I also had Dr Dawkins for my first pregnancy. As he had left by the time I had my second, I went with Dr Grace Cheung at Central Health and would recommend her. She is good at answering questions and has a pleasant bedside manner. Hospital bookings are crazy right now. Even when I had number 2, I had to book at 9 weeks along. I hear that nowadays, booking so early still does not guarantee a place.

Good luck. I researched high and low on this site and others and was choosing between Sally Ferguson, Lucy Lord and Grace and was pleased with my choose. Would suggest you book an appointment with one of them and see what your gut feel is when you meet them. Central Health is well organised, midwives and nurses lovely, reception staff on the whole are helpful.

SB2

Thanks for the recommendations ladies! Will look into these docs.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    :-)
    Posted via Mobile Device

yes... still on the brain...