Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Winter sleepwear?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Winter sleepwear?

What does of child wear for sleep? My 2 yrs old wakes up for 3 nights now crying middle of the night, wondering if it's the temperature. He wears thermal top, another thick top, pajama pants, socks and 2.5 grobag. No heater in his room. Do you still put blanket on top of a grobag? thanks.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    is he too hot? my 2 year old is wearing flannel PJs and has a down comforter which she sometimes kicks away....I always make sure her feet are covered with the blanket though....she woke up a couple times when I gave her an undershirt to wear too under the flannel PJs....check the back of his neck - if it's warm there, he's normally warm. checking the hands and feet don't normally tell you much cause they are colder anyhow than the rest of the body.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Maybe too hot, how's the back of his neck?
    My 2year old sleeps in fleecy 2piece pjs, no socks, and a 2.5 grobag, no heater. It seems ok, but I wonder about his feet. Very disappointed that it's impossible to find footed sleepers for 2 year olds here. Very normal back home.

carang is offline Registered User
    1) probably WAY too hot. that's a heck of a lot of clothes. my kids each wear pjs (with a top and bottom, not a nightdress). they have their duvet and they each have a cuddly blanket. on the REALLY cold nights, we also add a fleece blanket. most nights my kids kick off the blankets,

2) your 2 year old is probably too big for a growbag. s/he may be getting frustrated not being able to move freely.

shenzhennifer: i may have some footed sleepers from my two kids... i'll have a look and see, if so, i don't mind passing them on if you are interested.

geomum is offline Registered User
    My kids wear thermal, and PJ's (Top and bottom), with heater in the room. My daughter hates taking a blanket so I have to make her wear thermal or she would be feeling cold. They are warm and snug never hot or else they would be sweating and waking up unhappy in the middle of the night.
    BTW our beds are right next to big glass windows and we have sea facing apartment so it gets quite cold in our house. Agree with Cara maybe its the Grobag or perhaps she is having nightmares.

carang is offline Registered User
    forgot to say: our place is ALWAYS 3-4C colder than most of the rest of hk and inside our house is another 5-6C colder than that. it is absolutely freezing inside my house today (think, fleece trousers, thick socks, big/heavy/thick jumper for me) while my kids are outside riding their bikes with one long-sleeved shirt and a slightly thicker vest on top.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Every kid is different, but i think it would be more obvious if he didn't like his grobag anymore. Plus at 2, he could pretty much tell you one way or another that it bugged him. My son always tells me when he wants it taken off in the morning.

Cara, thanks for your kind offer. but i think we will be fine for the rest of the winter. And by next one, should be back in the Great North anyway:)

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    thanks ladies.....i did try to remove grobag before but the more he can't sleep, he has it since 1 month old. I think he might be too warm though. He was okay last night as i removed one top. thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast