Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

just moved to Central HK 2 weeks ago. Looking for friends!! have a 2yr old boy.

cc-ryder is offline Registered User
    hi cathryn (and gang!),

the toy library sounds great. i've actually read about it in a guidebook, it'll be neat to venture out and visit a new place. thanks for including me in the acitivity. as a newbie to getting around HK, which mode of transit to you recommend using/prefer? please keep me included in the loop. looking forward to meeting all of you and your little ones!
    -chris

mamaber is offline Registered User
    Hi Chris - if you plan on taking the mtr to the central library and you'll be bringing the stroller, I suggest you exit at causeway bay sogo as there is a lift to exit to ground level, and then there's a bit more walking towards Victoria park, and then cross the bridge at causeway road to get to the library.
    Posted via Mobile Device

cathryn is offline Registered User
    Good advice mamaber, the lift at sogo is the usual exit/entrance i use. I dont know about buses the come here yet. I'm also very new to HK - only been here 2 weeks now.

cc-ryder is offline Registered User
    thanks for the navigational advice mama's! (i may try the mtr or taxi, the buses seem a bit out of my comfort zone so far). i'll probably be ergo-ing my little guy. seems more reliant than a stroller, though i do feel like a sweaty mess all the time..i'll really be a sight to see in summer :) wow, cathryn welcome to HK! today officially marked our first month of being here. we're more than ready to move into our new "home" this friday. a month of hotel living gets old real quick. whereabouts do you all live?

mamaber is offline Registered User
    Hi, Chris! We're at causeway bay/tin hau. And the library is a short walking distance from where we live. Unfortunately we will miss this Monday's playgroup activity as I am traveling overseas today for urgent business. Will be back Monday evening. Please keep me in the loop for
    Future playdates at the toy library or elsewhere.
    Btw, for those who've never been to the central library before, upon inquiry with the desk officer at the library lobby, you have to apply for a library card for yourself and for your child. They need your hkID and proof of address and the passport for your child.
    Take care everyone and hope to meet all of you soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

lilfriend is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies! Perfect timing, I hope...I am looking to meet some moms (my lil guy is 2 1/2). My husband, son and I relocated to HK late August, however had quite a bit of travel last year with his company. We returned to the States mid-December and are now just returning and resettling back in. I would love to join in so if anyone could confirm this is still on and that there is room for more that would be great. Regards Jenny

cathryn is offline Registered User
    Yes I still definitely going, I have booked up to go next Tuesday at 11am
    Re. mamaber's comment about the library card - not sure if she meant you need to get one to go to the toy library, so just to let you know you dont need it for this. My son doesn't have one. I am trying to get him a library card however just so we can get some books out for him.
    Jenny & Chris & Christina (and anyone else who fancies it) - hope to see you there (dont forget to book up)
    Mamaber - hopefully see you at a next meet.
    Cathryn
    x

xristinaki is offline Registered User
    Woops - I just saw that you guys have been posting here... it's been a busy week and i havent been online much.

Dimitri & I would love to join you next Tues @ the toy library.. would it be too late to reserve a spot if I call on Wednesday - (tomorrow)?
    11am is a little early for us but we will try to make it on time. I have pushed back Dimitri's schedule a bit so that he sleeps later in hopes that he catches a glimpse of daddy when he gets home from work... so, as a result, Dimitri wakes up later. Ill do my best to drag him out of bed, though. hopefully he wont be too cranky. :)

Ok so.. hope to see everyone there!!

-Christina

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast