Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

just moved to Central HK 2 weeks ago. Looking for friends!! have a 2yr old boy.

xristinaki is offline Registered User

just moved to Central HK 2 weeks ago. Looking for friends!! have a 2yr old boy.

Hey everyone!
    My name is Christina... my husband, our 2 & 1/2 yr old son & I just moved to Hong Kong from NYC a couple of weeks ago... my husband works crazy hours and the boredom is starting to sink in a tad. ....especially since I don't know anyone here!

im looking for friends in a similar situation... moms that are interested in play dates or just getting together to do girly stuff....or just bum around. Im very easy-gong and just want to to hang out and make long-lasting friendships.

were in a serviced apartment right now on wellington street...(Central HK) but will be moving into our new apartment next month which is very close to the IFC mall/pacific place.

A little about me: im 31yrs old, of Greek decent.....taught 1st grade in NYC for 7yrs - (at a public school in the South Bronx.) Lived in NYC all my life.

Thanks for reading! =)

-Christina

Lemonbee is offline Registered User

Christina I'll be there in the spring can you wait for me lol? I have a 2 yr old daugter. I have no idea yet where we'll be living, but I'm very easy going too and would love to hang out. I'm from Florida and have a 6 yr old boy as well. See you soon :)

Haha sure ill wait for you! when in the spring will you be here and for how long? my husband got a job with citigroup here in HK so we'll be here for quite a while.
    keep in touch! my email address is [email protected]

solidstars is offline Registered User

hi christina! welcome to hk!

i have a 21 mths old son, some moms/babies occasionally get together, i'll let you know when we do!

i work in central, but only half days, so if you're ever bored and want to grab lunch, let me know! i'll come by central early!

Lemonbee is offline Registered User

Probably April and I'll be there for a couple years hopefully. I will be in touch then :)

appletree123 is offline Registered User

hello there, i am going to move to HK for a few yrs with my 2 kids (6 and 2) from san fran/bay area in June, i am stressed about school and finding a place to live and of course, meeting new people as i don't know anyone in HK. :(
    hubby works in central as well, but i heard lots of expats live in the south part of the island?

Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    hi christina! welcome to hk!

i have a 21 mths old son, some moms/babies occasionally get together, i'll let you know when we do!

i work in central, but only half days, so if you're ever bored and want to grab lunch, let me know! i'll come by central early!
    Thanks - it would be GREAT if you could let me know when you guys are getting together. Id appreciate it.
    Where in Central do you work? Lunch would be great.. or even a quick coffee. Let me know when is a good time for you. my email address is [email protected]
    Thanks again. =)

Quote Originally Posted by appletree123 View Post
    hello there, i am going to move to HK for a few yrs with my 2 kids (6 and 2) from san fran/bay area in June, i am stressed about school and finding a place to live and of course, meeting new people as i don't know anyone in HK. :(
    hubby works in central as well, but i heard lots of expats live in the south part of the island?
    Hey! =) I really dont think theres any reason to be stressed. I was a little stressed before my son & i got here but everything seems to fall into place once youre here. I really think the hardest part is finding friends...especially if you have zero acquaintances here - (thats my situation.) the company that hired my husband had a counseling service that basically answered all of our questions and gave us recommendations for apartments, etc. I dont know if your husband's company has tihat as well.
    There are expats everywhere....i heard that there are more in places like stanley. it really depends what youre looking for and what you want your experience here to be like. Personally I prefer to live in central and be close to everything instead of living further away and not being able to be within walking distance to all the shops and local places. location was really important to me. I can recommend a really good broker, if you want. he was extremely organized and provided us with tons of info that really helped us make a decison as far as finding the right apt for us.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast