Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Time zone change - sleep disrupted

banane76 is offline Registered User
    That's the theory...going west is easier than east. It didn't take 2 weeks, but she didn't sleep as well for the time we were there in Canada than when we were here at home. I've heard baby benadryl works well, but I've always been a bit nervous with medications...maybe talk to your pediatrician. I know when we were in Canada and our little one was 9 months, we had to get up around 3am, let her play a couple hours and then she'd go back to sleep with us. We were there for 2 weeks only. Depends on your sleep situation (in your room or if they have their own room as well). When we went to the UK, the time change was a bit easier, but it's taken us a week to recover from that trip. Also depends on your baby and what you can put up with when you're away. She would start out in a cot, but end up in our bed, so we had to break that habit upon coming home and now that she's one, she was crying a lot louder. Cross our fingers, the last 2 nights she stayed in her room and cot, but with a bit of crying and a dummy.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Paris for Xmas in 2010, took a week to get over the jetlag. Vancouver for Xmas in 2009, took ~ 2 weeks to get over :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12