Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

success story of no-cry sleep solution?

penelope is offline Registered User
    I wasn t breastfeeding so maybe a bit easier but they did as well fall asleep on their bottle sometimes,so I always change their nappies afterwards.
    And I actually didn t do the all process of feeding the last bottle in their room, in the dark, no eye contact(aka Gina Ford) etc...
    They got their last bottle in the living room, lights on. Then I changed their nappies, up to their room.Projecting light on(it s not too bright) with music. A little bit of shushpatting(3 to 5 min) to get the last burp out and down to bed.
    Now they can selfburp so i just put them to bed with their music light on.

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    We followed the Tracey Hogg method of "shush patting" and "pick up put down" and it has worked a charm with our first. There were definitely difficult times when we had to keep going back to shush-pat etc but now (at 2yrs old) he sleeps through the night no problem and can pretty much go straight to sleep on his own whenever we put him down for a nap or at night time. He's been like that since he was 1, if not before that. We literally just put him in bed, read him a story, **** goodnight and then walk out.

Our second is now 2 months old and we're persisting with the same routine, with a few minor changes as we've noticed the two have different preferences.

We only used the pacifier when they go to bed. We managed to wean our eldest off the pacifier when he had a stuffy nose when he was around 1 and couldn't breathe while sucking! We just took it away and he didn't even notice it was gone! ;)

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    I put my now 7th month old to sleep first drowsy, then more and more awake as days went on. So no-cry worked for me! Now, if she's tired enough, she'll sleep. If she doesn't want to sleep, no way to get her to sleep. Bedtime is the same, she may struggle a bit on her own but usually won't cry out unless she needs a little help, which I am ok with... giving her a hug or helping her calm down a bit. Did this for both naps (5 mths) and bedtime (2.5 months or so) separately...

Maria12 is offline Registered User
    Hoping to get some advice and support in my case.. My son is 11 months and needs to be rocked to sleep always. I am absolutely against of 'crying to sleep' method, although, as he gets older and heavier, it gets harder and harder for me. I've read some successful stories, that after 1 y.o., if baby has been rocked to sleep, he can sleep on his own with no problem.. nevertheless, I am not sure if this can be changed.. Will appreciate any advice. Thanks!

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    Hi Maria12, I think any child who can sleep on his own after being rocked to sleep for 12 months has VERY LUCKY parents! Your son is used to the great feeling of being rocked by mommy. :)

If you are against the CIO method, you could try putting him down drowsy. You can still rock him at the beginning, but make sure he isn't asleep when you put him down. He may protest, at which time you can pick him up and calm him down before putting him down drowsy again. I did this - I would say it's similar to pick-up put down method mentioned above, but that method does not allow for any rocking. I didn't want to PUPD dozens of times, so I went with a "tweaked" version.

I first put her down drowsy, then more awake every few days. I rocked her (or did whatever) to get her to whatever "state of awakeness" and then tried putting her down. I've heard and my experience also tells me that naps are harder to "fix" than nighttime. At night, we all have a clock that tells us to sleep... naps may take up to 2 weeks to fix, but persist :) Hope that helps.

Maria12 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your replay 1sttimemom. I have tried putting him down drowsy, although he is momentarily waking up and starting to cry :( Which means I need to pick him up again and start again, when my hands and back are absolutely killing me.. The only solution I have found for now,- to get him completely exhausted with playing. He still needs to be rocked, but it takes less time and he is begging mommy to put him to sleep.. I will try more of the drowsy method. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12