Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

success story of no-cry sleep solution?

baffelly is offline Registered User

success story of no-cry sleep solution?

I know there are a lot of different methods to put baby to sleep. I'm wondering if anyone can share any success stories of getting their little ones to fall asleep on their own, without Cry-it-out or without comfort sucking? How and what age did you do that?
    Pretty much all my friends (and my older son) pretty much either do CIO or let the baby suck to sleep or rock to sleep or sleep with mommy till a few years old.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I read it and tried it, but from what I remember, it wasn't too long after that that my son started getting formula at night(10months, I think) before bed and that dramatically improved things.
    I would have to be reminded of all the hints and 'steps', but what I do remember is the part about taking his mouth off the breast when he started comfort sucking but was still awake.
    I have never let my son cry it out. I let him cry from time to time, but moreso because I'm so frustrated and maybe need an extra minute, or else just to get him a bit tired. I more implement the pick up put down method of the baby whisperer. The no cry sleep solution is a teeny bit soft and also takes a really long time to implement. But definitely has some great strategies.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i pretty much follow my babies signs and let them sleep whenever they are tired during the day. it is the last nap during the day that I don't allow it to be after 5:30pm, which is why I schedule bath time at 6pm everyday. the sleep at 8pm / 8:30pm - so after bath it is 30mins TV time then milk / dinner time for my kids 7mths / 29mths and then they are exhausted and pretty much sleep on there own. they might suck on their pacifier / blanket for a bit, but it's just sth in there bed that they use if they choose to and not forced

rebekah is offline Registered User
    how old is your baby? I nursed Zoë to sleep for the first year of her life, give or take. soon after 1 year she stopped nursing to sleep but i still comforted her or laid with her til she fell asleep, or slept with her. After she weaned she decided she wanted nothing to do with that and we tried a variety of things. No Cry Sleep Solution (the one for older kids, I think it's called for preschoolers and toddlers) helped me a LOT. We had a HUGE transition when we returned to HK last fall, and she basically gave up sleeping for several weeks. thankfully we've worked through it and she happily puts herself to bed now. It took us a long time to figure out what was cueing her to stay up/go to sleep and like any parents we have good and bad nights, but I believed in it in principle so I continued, and for us it did work.

baffelly is offline Registered User
    Sorry I didn't mean the specific "No Cry Sleeping Solution" book.
    With my first (now almost 2 yr old), he was rocked to sleep and nursed to sleep, until a few months old when he was constantly waking at night needing to be nursed back to sleep. Then we tried Faber (kinda cry it out) and he managed to sleep through the night. Though he still needed to be rocked to sleep at bedtime till over one yr old.
    now with my second one, i want to avoid all these and try a hopefully better strategy from the onset (little one is one mth).

penelope is offline Registered User
    I tried to do things differently the second time around as well and it worked.
    From the age of 2 months I tried really hard to put my twins to bed awake.For a month it was a bit hard, having to go back a few times but after that they were used to it and now at 7 months I just drop them into bed and leave the room and that s it.
    What helped a lot I think is that I NEVER put them to bed with their pacifier.They were using them at the time but I only allowed them at awake times, and actually they gave them up on their own at about 5 month.
    I bought a mobile from Fisher price that has a projecting light on the ceiling that I put on every time they go to sleep and they LOVE it I think it really helped me to put them to bed awake.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    My second will be born soon, and I also don't want to repeat mistakes, like making them dependent on nursing to sleep. But how can you avoid that if you breastfeeding? Doesn't it Automatically turn into a habit? The little ones always fall asleep that way.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    I tried to wake up the baby a bit when burping him. Then put him down to sleep. Works at night so far cos he's sleepy, but not so much during the day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast