Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Desperate for advises and comments from other people!

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    From a traditional Chinese point of view, I may understand why the OP may be accepting her parents help. Look like she is very close to her parent and a docile daughter. Her parents want to help, and she does not want them to get worried or even hurt by rejecting their help. So she think that putting thosands miles distance between her parents and themselves, it may solve the problem, since at least, her parent cannot force her into accepting their help, and her hubby cannot ask her parent for money (does her husband ask for money???)
    Posted via Mobile Device

constancefaith is offline Registered User
    I'm not sure if people are actually getting my point.

The hk apartment is on mortgage and I, personally, bought it myself.
    The sydney apartment is bought by my mom.

Now, I intially plain and simple wanted views on Australia or HK.
    I got lots of feedbacks, which I appreciate. And with each person I seem to write more and more information about our situation.
    I really don't get how "I didn't like the situation and I don't enjoy the luxuries hence why I put a mortgage on our apartment. We're only waiting for it to complete renovating" is so hard to understand?

We have been trying to move out, thank you?

And enjoying replying people? Of course I do, people spent their time reading my posts and replying me giving me real advises. I appreciate it and I response with details.

is this getting personal now? Or am I getting sensitive?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Actually yes. My hubby does ask for my parents money, especially when he runs low!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hubby has been unemployed since 2008 august and I've been working in sydney.
    He's been staying at home gaming.
    Probably why my parents help to such extend.. Maybe hubby has issues but I really have no idea how to give him a kick.
    I tried talking, kicking, reasoning.. Best friend suggested to just leave him alone. If he rots, he rots. If not, great.

I really appreciate for all the replies. But if there is any further comments, I wish that you would try and finish reading all the posts before you do? Pretty please? I feel as if there's a lot of miscommunication going on..
    I'm sorry if I seem worked up AGAIN. I just need to get it out and make ourselves clear!

Thank you!
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    actually, you keep contradicting yourself... at one point you say you live in a 10,000' house, now you say you bought your own flat.... (just curious... how in the world did a 19 year old manage to get a mortgage? or did mummy and daddy pay the downpayment and get the mortgage and you pay them?)... you say that you only pay for things for your daughter, then you say that you pay all of these other things. you say that your hubby works for your parents, but now you say that he's unemployed?

it really doesn't make much sense anymore.

but from the sounds of things, perhaps marrying your hubby wasn't such a great idea. perhaps you and your baby would be better off without him? and now you say he's been gambling? he really sounds like a bit of a loser...rather live with in-laws, gamble what little money he earns...

you and hubby are just so young and immature, i really can't see either of you having the maturity to be able to pull it all off...

1. We have been living in a house that is under my parents name since 2009.
    2. I then bought an apartment and put the down payment MYSELF, mortgaged under MY name but my mother as the guarantor. The apartment is still renovating and once it is completed, we planned to move in or lease it out.
    3. The down payment was saved up during the 4 years time I have been in Sydney working as a translator $25p/h AUD min 5 hrs a day and 6 days a week, and sometimes double due to OT or holidays. I lived in a 200$aud studio at that time and I don't drink or go clubbing at all.
    4. I didn't realized I would have to mention things in such details you know. So I summed it up by saying "daughter's things"
    5. Hubby has been unemployed since 2008, has only been working at my mother's company. I wouldn't count my mom's company as a career now would I?
    6. Whether or not marrying hubby was a great idea or not, I did and I love him and he loves our daughter no matter what. I came here for a solution and not to be criticized. You probably don't mean it in an offensive way, and did I say gambling? gamING sorry. He plays video games until am every single night.

We are young and immature, that's why we came here for some advises which we have received a lot. Good or bad.
    Being young and immature doesn't mean we don't know our responsibilities, if I can cope with hubby, possibly lead him to grow into being a man, the provider of the family then a lot of our problems could be solved.

Gataloca, thank you. I have been close to my parents, but since I left them to live on my own and support myself there has been a distance for us. But a lot of people are right here, if hubby and I continue to receive any generosity.. I'm not worried about myself actually, I'm more concern about how hubby is becoming.

He used to help out around the house, wakes up early, really polite, and passive.
    Now he's becoming more lazier, sleeps in till 4pm on Sundays, goes to game arcades, mean and impolite to the helpers, aggressive...

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    it's exciting to hear that you will be moving to your own place - in fact, my family will be doing the same thing...though my father will be close by...have always been close to my family and I think it is great that you are close with your parents. in that new environment, things will change (for good or bad) and it is be a great chance for you to be independent like you crave. no need to move to sydney to do that...in fact, I truly believe that HK is the perfect place to raise your family because your daughter will get to know her g-parents, which would be important to you cause you are close to your family.

people will agree and disagree with you on this forum, as long as you know what works for you and your family I won't take everything to heart - afterall everyone is only trying to help by sharing their opinion ...different things work for different families in different situations. cultural or not, it does not matter - all that matters is how you prioritze the things in your life and make ssense of it. again, there is no shame from getting help from your family - for whatever reason - they are here to help...as a mother of 3, i would be more than willing to help out my children whenever they need it...even if they don't ask for it. i am sure you would do the same for your daughter even though she'd probably say "no".

people get comfortable very easy - when your hubby moves to his own place he will change, i'm sure of that. i don't think it's a long term problem. won't worry.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast