Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How to stop breast feeding?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by taysty View Post
    @ Thanka2

Thank you very much for your tip. The cold medicine is a good one. Hope the braxton kicks will be over for you soon. Good luck with the delivery.
    No probs. Braxton Hicks keep going at it and keep getting stronger. But, I'm hoping the rumors are true that it's better to have more and have stronger ones because it warms up your uterus and gets your cervix ready for birth. Apparently, midwives say that the more you have and the stronger they are the better chance you have of a faster labor. And I'm all about having a fast labor (43 hours with my last one start-to-finish with no pain meds)! Thanks and I hope that you find a suitable way to go off of breastfeeding soon. :)
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

taysty is offline Registered User
    To those who gave me advices, I'm now stucked again. I cut down the number of pumps gradually to 2 times a day, then go cold turkey last Friday. The first night was tough but it gets better. The problem now is my breast is full of hard lumps, I massage, put warm towel, all doesn't work. Doesn't leak alot but sometimes have kind of prickling pain. Anyone have this kind of experience? How long will my breast back to normal again?
    Posted via Mobile Device

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    took mine 3 months to return back to normal completely...i.e. no leaking, pain, etc.

mariyam is offline Registered User
    hi i need help i want to stop breast feeding my baby he is now 1 year 10 months but he does not like bottle feed now i don't know what to do plz help me out thanx!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    mariyam - he shouldn't "need" a bottle at that age and I definitely would not want to be introducing one at 22 months old!! So it's more of a matter of just weaning him rather than transitioning to a bottle. Any other liquid that he needs, he could drink in a cup or sippy cup or with a straw, whatever your preference is.

taysty - When I weaned my first, I went to feeding her just once a day, then just once every 2nd day before I stopped. I was "normal" immediately. When you were pumping twice a day, what volume were you getting? I'm currently pumping twice a day and can get over 1000mL in two pumping sessions! If I were to quit now I would be VERY uncomfortable! WHEN I stop pumping, what I will do is actively pump less. At the moment, in the morning I pump around 400mL and in the evening I pump 600mL. What I would do is stop pumping at 300mL in the morning and 500mL at night for a week or so, then reduce further. Of course doing it that way will take longer - but there's no way I would be able to handle going from producing 1000mL a day to nothing. If I reduce even to just 100mL then stop then, it will be much easier. Although now that you have already quit I'm sure you probably won't want to start pumping again just to have an easier transition... but if you DID want an easier transition, that is how you would do it...

@ nicolejoy

When i was pumping twice a day, I get about 360ml. If I pumped till emptied, guess it should more? The thing is though I decrease my pumping session, I still feel engorged at that particular time when I usually pumped. So, one day I just decide to go cold turkey. Also, I've just recently quitted my job to get a break and have a taste of SAHM. There is just so much things I wanted to do and catch up with my baby. So .......

I guess I will need to just live with the pain with panadol till it's all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by lesliefu View Post
    took mine 3 months to return back to normal completely...i.e. no leaking, pain, etc.
    Thanks, at least now I know is not unusual to have pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123