Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Breech Baby?

kip1 is offline Registered User

Breech Baby?

Anyone have any suggestions (or success with anything) for turning a (footling) breech baby once you're close to 37 weeks. Am scheduled for an ECV at the hospital but anything else I can do?

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I would try acupuncture. I highly recommend Vitality Center 2537 1118. They have a couple of great acupuncturists. A friend of mine was breech and the baby did turn after the acupuncture at 36 weeks.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    I was also told getting on your hands and knees and scrubbing the floors for a couple weeks encourages the baby to turn. It worked for 2 people I know.

1stimemum is offline Registered User
    hi my baby was breeched all the way and up to week 37, I tried Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Inverted exercise (sort of like pelvic tilts) and even a session of Osteopath. He came out week 39 c section, my doctor didnt want to wait any longer for fear of complications ( fluid was quite little)

at the end of the day, it all went so smoothly and honestly, as long as the baby is healthy, everything else shouldnt matter. I wanted to have a nat'l birth too but if you get to caught up in the 'ideal scenario' childbirth might be a disappointment, nothing goes as planned so dont beat yourself up about it.

do give everything a try so that you can honestly give it your best effort, after that let nature decide.

Hope this helps coming from a a mum who went through the exact thing almost 1 yr ago!

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    Have a look at www.spinningbabies.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

elmomo is offline Registered User
    hi kip1- how did the ecv go? can you share your experience on it? was it successful, how long did it take (is it 1-2 minutes?), and was the pain tolerable?
    i am thinking about an ecv as i am also breech, just 34 wks now but getting close, or may just skip ecv and go straight for c section. thanks!

kip1 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by elmomo View Post
    hi kip1- how did the ecv go? can you share your experience on it? was it successful, how long did it take (is it 1-2 minutes?), and was the pain tolerable?
    i am thinking about an ecv as i am also breech, just 34 wks now but getting close, or may just skip ecv and go straight for c section. thanks!
    I had the ECV yesterday and it was successful, so baby is now head down and hopefully will stay that way. The actual turning part took about 2 to 2 and 1/2 mins. Parts of it were definitely painful but it's bearable as it's not a long time. They stopped halfway to check with a scan also. The drugs you get to relax the uterus make you feel absolutely horrible, but again, that lasts for 3-5 mins so it feels awful at the time but is over pretty quickly. The Drs do a non-stress test before and after so it was a whole day in hospital.