Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What do you get up to on weekend

lalila is offline Registered User

What do you get up to on weekend

Just courious to see what you all get up to on the weekend day time

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Gold Coast
    We have two children (6 and 18 months) and we live at the gold coast. They have outdoor and indoor play areas, football pitches etc so we normally spend the weekends doing that kind of stuff. When the weather is better we go to the beach. I also take the kids swimming when the weather is good. My son loves tennis so Saturday mornings his dad takes him to play that.

They are both at the age where I really dislike going to shopping malls because my son gets bored of shopping and my daughter spends the time fighting to get out of her buggy and then running away at the slightest bit of freedom!

We don't have a helper and my husband works long hours during the week so the weekends tend to be spent with the four of us all together. We sometimes have movie night on Saturday so when my daughter goes to bed, my son gets to choose a movie to watch or a board game to play.

Sunday evenings we SKYPE with the family back in the Uk and Ireland so that they don't miss out on the kids growing up!

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    my two kids are 4 & 6. daddy usually has clients come to our house on saturdays and I often have to work... i usually take my kids to my playgroup centre where ma ma and yeh yeh (their grandparents) pick up my kids and take them for yum cha. then they go to the playground to play for a couple of hours. when daddy is finished working, he joins them. i finish work around 5:30-6 and we all have dinner together. we don't get home until about 9:30ish, so it's a very late night for them. on sundays, daddy lets me sleep in most of the time. he gets the kids breakfast and often takes them out for a bike ride. when i get up, i make lunch and we all eat together, often as a picnic in the living room. the kids have a quiet time until around 3-4pm, then they get up and i take them downstairs to make dinner. everyone helps with the cooking.

anyway, this has been our routine for the past few weeks, ever since our helper moved to canada... may change later, but for now, we are all happy with it.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    2 kids - almost 5 and 4.5 months

Saturday - No husband until 7 p.m. and no helper. So it's mother and children day. I use it as a bonding day. I watch his favourite movie, go cycling, read, chat, have tea, out for lunch dates, go for long walks, all around our neighbourhood. We've also started baking and cooking together as it's one of the few days my husband is around for dinner together. Usually it's just me, my son and daughter.

Sunday - Family Day - Morning sports between father and son (During this time, I sleep in with my daughter.) after which we have brunch as a family. We go for long walks or cycle or visit something or rather child related e.g. Big Buddha. We are lucky to live in an estate where there is a playground every 200-300 metres! There's about 5/6 good different ones. When the weather is warm, we're either at the pool or at the beach all day til it's time to go home and get dinner going. We make dinner together as a family or father and son make dinner together.

It's all really 'boring' regular stuff but our son loves it! We try not to go shopping/hang out at malls every weekend unless there is a need e.g. get shoes for school as our son hates shopping! Also, there are birthday parties on weekends and we go as a family.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Ap Lei Chau
    Just like the others... week ends often look alike.
    On Saturdays, breakfast all together, and we take our time to do everything. Grocery shopping and other stuff (drink at home with some friends, looking for a new bed for our son...). Often my husband is playing rugby in the afternoon or is going for a long run, so I'll take the kids (boy is 3 yo and daugther is 6 mo) to the playground, or we'll stay at home watching cartoons, playing playdoh, or cars, or puzzles...
    If he is at home, he'll take our son to the playground, and I'll do some sewing or knitting.
    Then preparing dinner all together.
    Sunday is pretty the same but we try to go for a lunch out, chinese, japanese, brunch... anyplace, always different, sometimes we decide to "visit" a new shopping mall, or we'll go to DB, or Lamma, or Cheung Chau, or Gold Coast...
    Whatever the weather is and the planning, we go out everyday.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    mom of two (2 and 7mth old)

Saturday hubby brings older daughter to spend time with his parents - i have some time with younger daughter, then go to meet hubby and older one for lunch. after lunch, home for a nap and then we head to the supermarket / shopping mall to buy groceries for dinner

sunday family lunch, nap and then play time with cousins. if the weather is good - swimming or the beach but recently it has been indoors at home because too chilly. dinner is out with the family or at home.

not much activity - we prefer to stay home as a family - husband gets off late during the week, so he just wants kids to himself over the weekend.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    Mom of 2yo and soon to be newborn.

Weekends are pretty boring for us, but perhaps more so lately since I have been so pregnant. One of the days we do the parknshop trip, and any other shopping errands I can't do by myself during the week(no helper). We live on top of a mall, so inevitably go there a lot, mostly for meals, which we eat almost all of out on the weekends, as I don't like to cook much. We are also surrounded by other malls, so go there sometimes. We have been sick of malls for a long time now, but there's not too much else to do. Sometimes we go into central. But its all about shopping and eating, boring! We've done outings to various places in hk like stanley, hk 'zoo', kadoorie farm, other places in yuen long or tai po, cheung chau, etc. But not lately. Once in a while we will get together with friends, but not often. Weekends are pretty low key with us. Makes us bored in hk.