Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr. Jane Chang, Dr. Elsie Lim, Dr. Olivia Chow

charade is offline Registered User

Dr. Jane Chang, Dr. Elsie Lim, Dr. Olivia Chow

I'm trying to find a good paeditrician on the HSBC insurance panel. Has anyone been to the above doctors and if so, what has your experience been?

I live in Tseung Kwan O so actually would love a paeditrician recommendation on this side of the world. The one near where I live is ok but my baby has reflux and so I think I need someone who can go beyond the "oh it's colic, he'll grow out of it" thing as well as someone who understands breastfeeding.

HKfornow is offline Registered User

We see Dr. Elsie Lim in Central, and we like her. She is US educated, patient, and does not seem to over medicated. However, she is extremely busy, and it's very hard to get an appointment with her. . .the flipside is that she accepts walk-ins (do check to see if this has changed), so you can still see her, but you have a longer wait.

Thanks HKfornow... does she take time to listen and answer questions? Also is she on the older side, or youngish?

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by charade View Post
    Thanks HKfornow... does she take time to listen and answer questions? Also is she on the older side, or youngish?
    Yes, she takes the time to listen and answer questions, and not judgmental. I would guess her age is early-mid 40's but to be honest, I'm not good at guessing age. . .so I hope I didn't peg her older than she is.

Thanks! Will give her a go, I think.

City Jammer is offline Registered User

My little one has seen Dr. Olivia Chow a number of times and we have stopped going to her. She prescribes antibiotics a lot and measures out the medicine to last exactly three days. No explanation given about what's wrong and she's not very thorough in checking out my little one (didn't even check her temperature or to see if there's anything wrong with her throat, even though we've told her that our little girl has been coughing a lot). Her clinic is the closest as we live in Taikoo Shing. She doesn't even get to her own clinic on time (it opens at 9 am and we are kept waiting till she walks in at about 9:45 am)!

Wow... thanks City Jammer. I was tempted to try her because it's relatively closer to get to than Central for me. But it sounds like the local doctor in my estate is better... at least he listens!