Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How Many Contractions Did You Have A Day? (Second+ Time Mothers)

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Thanka2, I had contractions 10 minutes apart in the last 4 weeks. Bub came two weeks early. I wanted to be induced as it was getting too uncomfortable/painful to bear. But she came on her own anyway.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies for sharing your experiences. I am going to the doctor for a followup appointment tomorrow. I had to have bloodwork done last week because the doctors suspect I might be suffering from Obstetric Cholestasis . I guess that's why I'm even concerned about the massive amount of contractions I'm having because one of the risks of OC is an increased incidence of preterm labor.

I'll have to see what I find out tomorrow at the doctor's. If it is OC then I may have to be induced anyway at around 36-37 weeks (no later than 37 weeks) to protect the baby. Of course, not thrilled about that but you have to do what you have to do.

Right now my contractions are coming all day long but they last for a long time--like a very strong contraction that will last up to 10 minutes. So, that doesn't seem like labor contractions. Labor contractions are more frequent but usually don't last as long--maybe half a minute or up to a minute or two. I've timed a few contractions in the past day and most of them are really long--painful and long and frequent. I often will have 2 or 3 an hour.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12