Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Car seat/car rental

peachylin is offline Registered User

Car seat/car rental

Hi ladies. Just wanted to ask information if you know of (or has used) any car rental company that has a car seat provided. I'm planning to hire a car upon discharge as I am afraid cab drivers are not very careful. I don't plan on buying a car seat yet since we have no immediate plans of buying a car.
    Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

sunrays is offline Registered User
    I have hired a car overseas and they will rent out a car seat but it is quite expensive. Found it cheaper to buy a second hand one on Asia Expat and you can always sell it again once finished.

Portia is offline Registered User
    Do you mean a car with driver? The cars that take us to and from the airport have car seats. I think this is the car service that we used (but I am not positive, so please call and check if they have the car seats): http://www.kingslimo.com.hk/services.html. We had to tell them in advance how much the baby weighed and arrange to have the car seat installed in advance.

Otherwise, as Sunrays said, you might be better off buying a baby carrier style car seat second hand as you will be able to use it other times when you go out in a taxi. They don't cost much second hand - I just sold mine for only $300 and it was in excellent condition.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I agree that I didn't feel safe with the baby in a taxi and that's why I would never go anywhere without a car seat. Therefore a car seat is useful for taxis in future as well. The combination of Maxi Cosi seat plus Quinny Buzz wheels or Bugaboo Bee works really well.

peachylin is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies!

Too bad I missed Portia's car seat. Let me go through the ads and see if there are any cheap ones out there. This one is really for the ride home from the hospital anyway. I will also look at kingslimo and see if I can arrange something.

:-)

tstmum is offline Registered User
    Peachylin, I have a Britax car seat suitable from birth to around 12 months it you want to buy one second-hand. Send me a PM if you are interested. Both my children travelled home from hospital in it.