Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Baby shops - am I missing some?

rani is offline Administrator

welcome! let us know how it goes.

carang is offline Registered User

i'll let you know... we'll be spending about $30k on toys, so if we can get them cheaper but of the same quality, even better... more toys for the kids to enjoy!

1sttimemom is offline Registered User

Agree with Rani. Very important to watch seller's satisfaction ratings on taobao. I'm sure there's a great deal of fake stuff floating around. Having said that, I'm sure a lot is factory direct so that is good reason for cheaper prices. We live in Beijing now and it's the talk of all expat moms!

carey is offline Registered User

Agree with Cara. I read Chinese so I shop a lot from the taobao website. I've seen the same toy ( especially Fisher-Price) I find at this site at big toy stores in Hongkong for double of the price. We live in the Mainland so shipping is cheap too.

But there is always downsides about internet shopping as you know it. Also, some mothers may not feel comfortable buying direct from China.

Like cara though, I usually buy brands that I know. Many of the sellers name it as left-over (waimao,in Chinese) goods from exporting order with small defects--mostly in packaging, .

tongrosy is offline Registered User

are you still looking for nice baby shop for clothes, and baby furniture. There is one new baby shop just open few weeks, called cosmobeebies. It is just opposite to the previous modern baby's shop. On wellington street, The loop, 9/F. Good design clothes with resonable prices.

geomum is offline Registered User

Checked their website http://www.cosmobeebies.com/index.php
    Prices are even higher than Mothercare and M&S, simple cotton dress no pattern/ embroidery for 335HK$, Nail clipper for 200HK$. not reasonable AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by tongrosy View Post
    are you still looking for nice baby shop for clothes, and baby furniture. There is one new baby shop just open few weeks, called cosmobeebies. It is just opposite to the previous modern baby's shop. On wellington street, The loop, 9/F. Good design clothes with resonable prices.
    Last edited by geomum; 03-19-2011 at 05:07 PM.

tongrosy is offline Registered User

Angry

Honestly speaking, you really have to look at the quality of the clothes while shopping for your baby. For sth which are not made in China, worth HKD300 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by geomum View Post
    Checked their website http://www.cosmobeebies.com/index.php
    Prices are even higher than Mothercare and M&S, simple cotton dress no pattern/ embroidery for 335HK$, Nail clipper for 200HK$. not reasonable AT ALL.

AmyH is offline Registered User

Completely agree with geomum. Saw a skirt on the website for $355, now for something they will wear for only a short time because of growth spurts it is definitely not worth it, you could go to Stanley and buy about 5 outfits for that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast