Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Baby shops - am I missing some?

1stimemum is offline Registered User

i did buy my first toy set from Taobao an ELC one for only $60 rmb and it was a COMPLETE disaster. It looks and is the actual thing but it really is a factory defect. I took it out of the box and all the parts came apart!!!!

it was an alphabet set rolls so it looks like a mounted abacus, well all the wood rods fell and wooden alphabets dropped which wasnt that bad but in better, there were TINY plastic pieces. i had to vacuum to make sure the little one didnt accidentally eat any.

carang is offline Registered User

oh, no! that's too bad... at least it was only $60... could have been worse.

1stimemum is offline Registered User

yeah, plus shipping only $80 all out so I am not gutted. Just not buying anymore toys there. The pics all looked fine and good.

Wingwing Nyanko is offline Registered User

Just discover a baby clothes retailer in Central which worth a try. They sell quality samples and overruns, mostly from Mothercare and Mark'n Spencer. Prices are one-third of the originals. The shop is named "TOG", you may find their ads on the free magazine [The List]
    Posted via Mobile Device

1sttimemom is offline Registered User

yes, must be careful with taobao stuff. many sellers do mention if it is a factory defect so be in the lookout for such comments. there is a "busy zoo" activity cube that i have had many friends do well with. to be honest, i've stopped buying toys from taobao for now, and maybe will start again when baby is older. i just don't trust the quality. having sourcing/factory experience, i'm sure many toys are made from leftover fabric, faulty pieces, etc.

AND i've had sellers contact me asking me to change my rating when i've given them an average/mediocre rating. one of my friends' husband got "stalked" for a few weeks. scary taobao people.

komo is offline Registered User

I buy most of my children's clothes from H&M (I think they are pretty trendy, and very reasonably priced), and Stanley market in the children's alley. Also I bought my children's furniture from Kids by red cabinet. I love them, great quality, admitedly a little pricey, but I thought it was worth paying the extra for something that will last them many years (I went a very plain design so it wouldn't date). But I agree - HK does lack a large range.

bonita is offline Registered User

There is a building on Lei Yuen Street East in Central with a dozen of shops selling mainly Japanese or Korean baby & kids clothes, very reasonable priced. $50-$150 for a pair of toddler shoes. Same building as B&H baby store. Will post again when I find the exact name & address.

bonita is offline Registered User

The building is Li Dong Building at 9 Li Yuen Street East, close to Central MTR exit C.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345