Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What is everyone up to for the chinese new year?

geomum is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=carang;1054025]you are NUTS to go to OP during the holiday! you could not pay me to go there over that week! the # of mainland tourists there would make it anything but fun (for me)....you are one brave, patient (and a little crazy) lady! LOL!

OMG!!! You have scared me and thank you so much for it. It was my friend's idea and I knew it would be crowded but not the extent where people are jumping fences and all that craziness... THANK YOU, we are not going to Ocean Park!!!

carang is offline Registered User

just to clarify: the jumping/scaling of fences was in 2006 @ Disney, NOT at OP.... but it wouldn't be far off to assume that it will be incredibly busy at OP, too.

taysty is offline Registered User

Do not go OP it is terrible! Went there last year, even queuing those tourists I think are mainlanders are pushing. My dad got angry and tell them to back off it's not as if you push or get closer (literally skin to skin) the whole waiting can speed up? Maybe they just want to jump queue? :( Inside the aquarium they use flashes and doesn't not have the courtesy to move on after taking photo. What annoys me the most is after taking photos with flash they still stand there and making comment that why I can't see the fishes? They themselves had scared all the fishes away with those flashes! So we can't get near enough with the fishes and there is no fishes. I can tell you only the panda hall you can see properly as there are many staffs supervising and maintaining order.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Happy Baby is offline Registered User

Try Strawberry Picking!

Hi Ladies,
    Another activity you might want to consider is strawberry picking. We went to Rainbow Organic Strawberry farm, in Fanling, on Monday and it was brilliant.

Its a bit of a trek but oh so worth it! My friends and I went by car and it took more or less an hour from Cental. The kids, ages ranging from 2.5 to 4yrs old, had a blast picking and eating the berries. The farm charges by the pound and its not exactly cheap but they probably factured in the berries you eat along the way, too! ;) The berries were super sweet, fragrant and delicious!

The farm is opened during CNY and there was nobody there when we went this week.

Google their website, although its all in Chinese.

This activity was such a treat and I'd definately go back again!

carang is offline Registered User

thanks, can you link to their website?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123