Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which Ergo is good? Where to buy? Best prices?

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Which Ergo is good? Where to buy? Best prices?

We are planning to buy an Ergo baby carrier but I'm not sure which style is better than the others? Does anyone have any feedback to offer?

Also, where to buy? Online? In Hong Kong? Where are the best prices?

Thanks for the advice in advance.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    I have used the classic Ergo carrier and have been very happy with it, for use on public transport. Did not try out the various models so I can't make comparisons. If you are interested I have a 2nd hand Ergo for sale, camel colour, clean and good condition. Still have original box. $500. My toddler has outgrown it. Can trade in TST East or Admiralty weekday lunchtimes. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa88 View Post
    I have used the classic Ergo carrier and have been very happy with it, for use on public transport. Did not try out the various models so I can't make comparisons. If you are interested I have a 2nd hand Ergo for sale, camel colour, clean and good condition. Still have original box. $500. My toddler has outgrown it. Can trade in TST East or Admiralty weekday lunchtimes. PM me if interested.
    I will PM you. Thanks.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a

Mother of Two

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey thanka,

We have the Black ergo sport. The material is a bit lighter than the original, but I know that people are happy with either. There's a new one called the performance and my friends who have that one are also very happy with it. You can get most at Bumps and the performance is available at a shop called Little Barefeet in Central on Jubilee street, just off Queens Rd. The performance is made with cooler material and looks a bit sleeker than the other ones. If we didn't have one already, I'd try the performance as HK is soooo hot most of the year.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I've only used the original Ergo and have been very happy with it EXCEPT for the fact that it's EXTREMELY hot in summer. If I could go back, I would have purchased the Sport as it looks a lot lighter and hence supposedly cooler. But I don't want to go buy one now when I still have the old Ergo that works fine ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm thinking of getting the Performance carrier. It's $120 USD if you order directly from Ergo and an extra $25 USD for the infant insert. Shipping with UPS is $50 USD from the States but I'm thinking of having it sent to my mother (free shipping within the US for orders over $149 USD--guess I have to buy $4 USD more worth of stuff) and having her combine everything she plans to send me in one box and then ship it. (I can't imagine that the carrier is very heavy at all). So, the total would be about $149 USD ($1160 HKD). Is this more or less what it would cost to buy in HK?

Mother of Two

mazamarie is offline Registered User
    If you are looking at doing it that way have you checked out Amazon.com. I just had a quick look and they have a few ergo performance carriers with free postage within the States both the carriers and infant inserts are about the same price as ergo charge as well so you won't need to find any thing else to buy if you don't want to.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    You're getting it a bit cheaper for sure...I just checked the Little barefeet website and it's 1260hkd just for the carrier. http://www.littlebarefeet.com/index.do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast