Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baby got flu?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    You can check and if the contact lens solution is ONLY saline and NOTHING else, then by all means, use it ;) I would ;) But sometimes they have other things in there, not JUST salts and water.

If you have no saline, I sometimes wash the nose quite "wetly" in the bath, carefully splashing water around the nose. It's not as good as squirting saline up there but it can help to loosen the mucous, and I know it's actually less uncomfortable for my six month old too. She'd much prefer me to splash water all over her face than to squirt it up her nose ;)

carang is offline Registered User
    i think i'd prefer you to splash my face rather than squirt water up my nose, too! LOL!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    a warm bath might help the mucus come out - my 8mth old is in a similar situation. i use the suction tubes (japanese brand - you can buy at sogo) before bed time and meal time so she can sleep / feed better. it might seem painful when you use it but in fact it loosens things up for her....

also, for night time, I lie her on her belly to sleep (as opposed to on her back - her usual position) so that the mucus flow out and not into the back of her nose and build up making it hard to breathe.

taysty is offline Registered User
    @ nicolejoy
    Just checked. My saline is filled with so many unknowns. Your way of splashing face is good as my baby now loves to play with water.

@leslie
    I bought similar suction tubes but no matter how hard I suck nothing seems to come out? Maybe, it's too dry?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Dear all, now my baby's nose is getting better. I use saline for infant then use suction tubes to suck those mucous out. :) But she still had so much phlegm inside that it is causing her feeding difficulties. Once, she pew out almost all her milk after feeding twice a day. :( Does drinking warm water help?
    Posted via Mobile Device

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Generally you shouldn't give water to a baby that young (although plenty of people do). If they drink water at that age, it can reduce how much milk they are willing to drink and therefore reduce the number of calories that they are getting.

You could try steaming up the bathroom and holding her in there with the humid air - that could help... otherwise I'd just keep using the saline and washing her out that way. If the congestion is getting more "solid" then it is almost over. The end is in sight! Hang in there :)

Thank you nicolejoy! Happy CNY to you and family! Yes, i know it's a chinese thing, but hey it's a chance to get together with families / friends since officially we get 2 days off. :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top