Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to find button-down housedresses or nightgowns appropriate for post-delivery?

mariac is offline Registered User

Where to find button-down housedresses or nightgowns appropriate for post-delivery?

Hi, does anyone know where I can find some appropriate dresses/gowns for the post-delivery stay in the hospital? Just looking for simple button-down stuff that's comfortable and appropriate for breastfeeding. I've checked most of the maternity stores like Bumps to Babe, Linea Negra, Mothercare, etc., and they don't seem to have them.

josoo is offline Registered User

Marks and Spencers - simply get a bigger size. But I just saw one at Mothercare, Lee Gardens, this weekend. It was on sale. Another place is Mother's World, right behind Lee Gardens, and opposite the to be built IT store/Mannings.

LOJITT is offline Registered User

I got some oversized cotton shirts from H&M.

geomum is offline Registered User

How about wearing your husband's T-shirts/ shirts?

sea princess is offline Registered User

night dresses

I second Marks and Spencer. They had a few night dresses that were good, simple button up the front type. I found a stretchy long sleeve night dress the best, with a v neck front. It was stretchy enough to pull down under the breast to feed. I personally found oversized tshirts a pain even though I packed them I used them once and never again. I found as you have to lift up to feed I was always exposed and cold, especially during the night when feeding.

Oh and the other thing which is fabulous, is Metalicus clothing. They're from Australia and are made from stretchy material similiar to tights. They also deliver to Hong Kong and I ordered LOTS of their things! Their website is www.metalicus.com.au

Last edited by sea princess; 02-11-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Portia is offline Registered User

I bought a front buttoning nightdress from Wing On. I also just changed into day clothes and wore a breastfeeding t-shirt and sweats during the day.

charade is offline Registered User

Ha! This was something I forgot to buy and had to send my husband to get me post-delivery. So important, even for the coming months, if you're breastfeeding. There are a number of local nightwear/underwear shops that sell nice pajama sets. Hmm can't remember the names... but I also found some in Jusco.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I got some PJs at the local markets:) for a bit more of a splurge, M&S always has nice PJs though.
    I packed 2 pairs for the hospital, but honestly, I was super comfy in their own pajamas. This was PMH public hospital. Pink button down tops, drawstring pants, all roomy, cotton, very comfortable. I never used my own PJs till I got home. Now I live in them:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast