Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to Hong Kong and looking for playgroup for 15mth old

  1. #1
    Tiki is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wan Chai
    Posts
    3

    New to Hong Kong and looking for playgroup for 15mth old

    Hi! I am new to HOng Kong and looking for a plagroup (possibly even in Putonghua) for my 16mth old boy and myself! We are German/American, and very keen to learn. Located in Wan Chai, but we can travel most anywhwere.

    Also need to find a good paediatrician to do a THOROUGH check-up, and get my kids' immunizations up to date.

    Suggestions?

    Many thanks!

  2. #2
    stacy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    HK Island
    Posts
    31
    Hi, I am an American and been in HK for almost 3 years now. My kids are quite a bit older than your son, so a playdate won't work, but I thought I would recommend my pediatrician.
    Dr. Tanpa Thondup
    Veritas Medical Practice
    Suite 2902, Bank of America Tower, 12 Harcourt Road, Central
    2877.3118

  3. #3
    newbiekt is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southside
    Posts
    148
    Hi - Highly recommend City Kids on Borrett Road for playgroup. I started going there when my son was 10 months old. Also Panda Junction is fun. My Gym is great if you can get into their class (stupidly oversubscribed). Also worth looking up all the YWCA activities (Mandarin for Munchkins programme might be fun!)

  4. #4
    stamcel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ap Lei Chau
    Posts
    77
    Hi,

    I recommend Dr. Leo Chan in Central...

    I am also looking for playmates for my 17 month son, problem is I work full time....and can only mee after 4;30.
    we are a Canadian/Japanese family and have lived in HK for 1 year now. Tiki let me know if you are interested in getting our boys to meet up.

  5. #5
    newmother is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    25
    I have a 17 months old son and I usually go to Victoria Park. I have sent you a Private Message.

  6. #6
    Rleejoy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    2
    My son is attending Donau Musikinstitut in Kowloon, it's a music playgroup accredited by Franz Schubert Konservatorium Vienna.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    Hi! I am new to HOng Kong and looking for a plagroup (possibly even in Putonghua) for my 16mth old boy and myself! We are German/American, and very keen to learn. Located in Wan Chai, but we can travel most anywhwere.

    Also need to find a good paediatrician to do a THOROUGH check-up, and get my kids' immunizations up to date.

    Suggestions?

    Many thanks!

  7. #7
    Tiki is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wan Chai
    Posts
    3
    Thanks! I will try YWCA .... and try the playgroups you've suggested!

    Quote Originally Posted by newbiekt View Post
    Hi - Highly recommend City Kids on Borrett Road for playgroup. I started going there when my son was 10 months old. Also Panda Junction is fun. My Gym is great if you can get into their class (stupidly oversubscribed). Also worth looking up all the YWCA activities (Mandarin for Munchkins programme might be fun!)

  8. #8
    Tiki is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wan Chai
    Posts
    3
    Theoretically would love to meet up with you, (we are German/American but I lived in Japan for AGES), but 4.30 is too late, unfortunately. Maybe something on a weekend or so?

    Quote Originally Posted by stamcel View Post
    Hi,

    I recommend Dr. Leo Chan in Central...

    I am also looking for playmates for my 17 month son, problem is I work full time....and can only mee after 4;30.
    we are a Canadian/Japanese family and have lived in HK for 1 year now. Tiki let me know if you are interested in getting our boys to meet up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 06:03 PM
  2. ELC Hong Kong
    By karen bt in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
  4. French and German Playgroup in Hong Kong
    By lici14 in forum Playgroups
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
  5. New in Hong Kong
    By krutherf in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 12:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Scroll to top