Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morning (noon and night sickness)

happiness is offline Registered User

Morning (noon and night sickness)

I was wondering about other ladies experiences with morning sickness? What helped, what didn't and any useful tips for surviving a days work! I am nauseous the whole time and get sick once a day. I am managing to keep down some food and doctor has said not to worry its perfectly normal. Inspire me!!!

AmyH is offline Registered User

I found that I couldn't eat whole meals when I had morning sickness. I think that the most important thing is to not let yourself get hungry because hunger makes the sickness feel worse so I would advise to have regular snacks throughout the day, instead of three meals.
    Soup also helped me! I couldn't prepare and cook a meal when I felt so ill, so I would have a bowl of soup and this filled me up and soothed the sickness.
    Most people say ginger will help, so have ginger biscuits or use ginger when cooking food and it will stop you throwing up. This never worked for me though!
    I started to feel better about week 13 on my second pregnancy so hopefully it won't last too long for you.

Thanks very much - defiantly feeling hungry makes thing a lot worse... ginger also makes me ill so crackers all the way!!

banane76 is offline Registered User

I was going to say, ginger root and honey in hot water, but if that makes you ill, then nevermind. Just keep crackers around all the time so you never have an empty stomach.

carang is offline Registered User

i had the same thing. i actually lost over 20lbs in the first trimester....to the point people stopped asking how i was feeling because they all thought i'd lost the baby!

for me, nothing helped. i couldn't even tell someone a recipe or i'd start to heave. my doctor, in the end, told me to eat what ever, when ever i wanted... even if it was "bad" for me!

occasionally i could eat fruit like melon.... and once in a while i could manage roast chicken with mash and gravy. but that was about it.

during my second pregnancy, i told the drs about it and they prescribed an anti-nausea med. i took it and it only took the edge off... didn't quite feel as badly as i did with the first.

Gracey is offline Registered User

I'm sorry to hear it Happiness. I had it mostly in afternoons / evenings.
    When I was ill, I compiled a list of advice I found online and posted it to my fridge.
    * Keep crackers / digestive biscuits next to the bed. And water.
    * Eat frequent mini-meals and don't skip
    * Drink lots of water, but not WHILE eating.
    * Eat salty potato chips, hard sour candy or anything "sharp" tasting. (I also had mini pickles and those preserved Chinese plums).
    * Chilled soda water / ginger ale / homemade lemonade helped. My Chinese relatives would be horrified, but I don't care.
    * Don't lie down right after eating if you feel ill. Take a little walk around to digest.
    Hope that helps! How far along were you?
    Mine started right away -- like the day of my positive test. The worst were weeks 7-9. Weeks 10-11 I had a little, but fading. I'm almost 12 weeks now.

MamaTjops is offline Registered User

Hi ladies,
    this is my first post, i am 6 weeks at the moment and feel foul, luckily no vomiting but severe nausea and you're right it's much worse when you're hungry. a vicious cycle! i also found i have really bad cramping when i'm hungy. I keep nuts and soda water near by.

Ginger makes me sick too!

Gracey, great tips! Im gonna do just as you suggested and hang ideas on the fridge door. When that awful nausea is kicking in it can be hard to think straight! I gives me some comfort too know you were at your worst at weeks 7-9 as I am 7 weeks along and feeling worse now than before. My vomiting only started about 4 days ago so like you hopefully it will ease off in the coming weeks!! My Goodness, women have to be made of tough stuff!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast