Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Exercise while pregnant?

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Gracey, were there specific issues as well as the fertility treatment that caused your doctor to recommend no exercise? I had fertility treatment but exercised a lot - went to the gym at least three times a week for cardio & weights and hiked with my dogs at the weekends - up until week 37.

Gracey is offline Registered User

Hi everyone,
    Thanks much for all the helpful comments!
    Well, the whole situation has turned on its head because now I've had some spotting / discharge.
    I had a tiny spot of blood earlier on that my new doctor (I'm no longer seeing the conservative one) said was probably no big deal. Though he did give me an HcG shot just to be sure. It stopped and we both relaxed.

Then, last night, I had some pinkish-brown discharge. I called doctor #2 again, who had me go in for a scan this morning. Baby looks fine, but he's a little concerned. So I'm back on the HcG shots twice a week, and back on progesterone. I've had a little bit more tonight, too. I just don't know what to think.

So... looks like all my plans to restart exercise have been pushed back. Which is a bummer, because I was reasonably active before all this baby-making stuff, and now I feel like a slug.

Thanka -- My apologies. I didn't mean to sound like I was poking fun of weight gain. Every woman is different. Honestly, I'd rather have weight gain and a healthy pregnancy, than no weight gain and these "scares."

While I have you all here -- any of you guys have similar pinkish-brownish light spotting? Is it serious? I'm 12 weeks tomorrow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123