Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Help!!

sparkle33 is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Help!!

hi, my lil one is 3 year and is quite bright .however, some of the things she has been doing is getting me worried. would like to know whether or not this is normal behaviour. any feedback will be appreciated..
    here are some of the things she does:
    1)she loves pretend play. loves to imagine things. i've heard this is good however sometimes i feel its too much as does it the whole time. even in the park instead of running around will pretend the slide is a candy shop or she is going to the supermarket and keeps talking. she loves to talk and started talking very early.

2)likes to line up toys and also arrange them in different ways for example in a restaurant will arrange the spoons, plates etc and say "i'm making a house" . at home will line up medicine bottles and arrange toys in different ways. is also very particular that things are put back in their places. while brushing will want to keep the soap, cup etc in a particular way and doesn't like if we move them.

3)sometimes suddenly will seem to be deep thought like for a few seconds and again be herself.

4)though plays with children prefers to play with older ppl like me or my helper. she is the only child and its only me, my husband and helper.

5)has been going to school for a month now and though when i ask her what do you do first. she says "take my name card" doesn't do it by herself unless reminded by the teacher. though the teacher has told me it is normal behaviour and give her time. however have also observed that though she knows things doesnt go foward by herslf unless i'm there to give her a lil push.

hoping to hear from you mommies soon as really getting worried..thanks

geomum is offline Registered User
    She is a typical 3 year old girl, and some of her behaviour is identical to my 3 year old daughter. Enjoy it, cherish it and make movies of it as it won't last forever.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I thought the same thing geomum. Mine's not three yet but from the three year olds I know it seems absolutely typical - I can't see anything to worry about in that list.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Nothing unusual at all here. She might be a bit frustrating to mom sometimes but there is absolutely nothing even remotely odd about what she's doing. Sounds like she has a great personality--enjoy it.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Exactly the same with my 3 yo boy ! I actually was happy to see him having these behaviours, thinking he was growing good... enjoy !

sparkle33 is offline Registered User
    thanks so much for your replies. such a relief to hear your comments :)

Scroll to top