Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

just sharing a conversation over dinner

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    And yes, probably wouldn't help much if they have a fixed mind. I also feel for you... Mental music doesn't really work for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Gosh! I must take my hat off to all of you for having the patience and mental agility to deal with such nonsense! I need to learn the Ipod Playlist trick (for my meetings at work with a very difficult person).

My son's formula fed (not by choice - no breastmilk, naturally and unfortunate case of bad milk glands) and the minute I could ween him off formula, at 1, I went off it! I even started solids earlier because I felt that it's much better than all that chemicals! As soon as he could have yoghurt, I was at it too!

There is no basis for extended use of formula. It's just crazy talk!*

*No offense intended to formula supporters.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

solidstars is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gataloca View Post
    Here is a link to the program. It is in cantonese:
    http://video.online.hk/watch/22945
    oh fantastic! I'm going to play this (repeatedly) really loudly and pretend i'm watching it whilst trying to ensure they can see/hear it...

Thanks all, i'm not anti-formula, it just hurts when some people (especially relatives) mindsets are so closed that they refuse to acknowledge all the things you do for your baby is positive (or aims to be) and they just keep pushing their own way of doing or thinking onto you because they don't agree with you.

taysty is offline Registered User
    I think I wanna vent here as well. Tonight there's another similar session about my MIL mentioning that my breastmilk nutrients are lost becoz I kept it inside the fridge. I was like??? I'm working after pumping the fridge is the best way to keep. Then it was "questioning" about when I'm going to wean her off breastmilk. She said I know some babies started semi solid by 6 months. I really dont know how to stop her from making such comments. I'm pumping in the middle of night when my supply is the highest at 3 or 4 am and when the whole family is sleeping.

@ solidstars

Sorry to piggy back your thread. Just that tonight I'm really frustrated and upset.
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    funny that the first part of ignorance is ignore.....just ignore the ignorance to the best of your ability.

you are the mother and they had their chance....i understand about mothers-in-law. there was a time when i was ready to cut off all ties to mine...i would not have stopped hubby from seeing her with the kids, but i wouldn't.

to be honest, i still keep my time around her limited. i know she's coming from a place of love, but i really don't need the grieft.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    hang in there!

my husband always threatened to throw away my frozen BM when i was breastfeeding as well, he said they took up too much space and our baby didn't need THAT much anyways, but i was always worried he would get sick, i would have to travel, etc ... better safe than sorry!!!

Use carang's advice, mental music!

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    hang in there!

my husband always threatened to throw away my frozen BM when i was breastfeeding as well, he said they took up too much space and our baby didn't need THAT much anyways, but i was always worried he would get sick, i would have to travel, etc ... better safe than sorry!!!

Use carang's advice, mental music!
    Or....

Solidstars, next time your husband tells you to shut up, say it back to him in front of his family.... they instead of mental music in your head play this OUT LOUD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFacWGBJ_cs

taysty is offline Registered User
    Thank you to all. Am up pumping. Due to work changes, I will pump till my bub is 6 months. One more month to go.

@ solidstars
    If he dare to throw mine away. I will make sure he gets it from me. I'm nice but I do have my bottom-line!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast