Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

just sharing a conversation over dinner

rani is offline Administrator

Agree with AmyH!!!

What happened with the counseling sessions he was looking into?

solidstars is offline Registered User

nothing rani! that was it, the one call i overheard and then nothing happened. i asked and he said we have to find a time as they don't allow bookings so you have to walk in/queue and therefore we need to find someone to watch our baby, yadda yadda...

AmyH, that would only start another yelling argument with my son wondering what we were going on about! Nah, rather keep quiet if i can stand it.

taysty, hang in there! no, my husband didn't dare throw away mine either, i made THAT clear i would probably strangle him if he did. and in the end when i stopped BFingn i had so many leftover i got someone to make them into SOAP! So now baby has soap made from BM

rani is offline Administrator

Oh no! Do you think you can convince him to call St John's Counselling? I think its by appointment.

http://www.sjcshk.com/Relationship%20Counselling.html

AmyH is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post

AmyH, that would only start another yelling argument with my son wondering what we were going on about! Nah, rather keep quiet if i can stand it.
    Solidstars,

I really feel for you but I fear that the longer you just keep quiet and put up with it the worse it will get for you all (including your son).

Good luck and I hope it gets sorted for you soon.

solidstars is offline Registered User

thanks all, really appreciate it.

rani he won't go as it's a 'waste of money'. the one he called was some governmental cheap one?

taysty is offline Registered User

thank you Solidstars! make into soap? what an idea! you too, have anything to vent, please share with us! do not keep it inside.

Gracey is offline Registered User

Solidstars. I know this is a place for all of us to rant, but are there positive sides to your relationship with your husband? (Sometimes, blogs let us bring out all the negative and play down the positive).

If it's a loving relationship with some cultural / manner-type problems, it sounds like it can be fixed.
    If there's no love there, what are your options for moving out? Are you financially independent? Do you have family to rely on?
    I've been following your story for a while. If there is a pattern of verbal abuse -- like him shouting at you to "shut up" in front of his family -- it may teach aggressive or abusive behavior in the child. If irrational parenting practices prevail, it may hurt the child in the long run, despite his or his family's best intentions.
    I'm not advocating breaking up your marriage -- I'm just wondering how bad it is, and whether there is a solution.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234