Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

just sharing a conversation over dinner

solidstars is offline Registered User

just sharing a conversation over dinner

(may not be exactly in this order, just how i remember it as I type it out now)

so we're having dinner, and husband's mom complains about baby's teeth and how they're yellow (top ones) and melting away (dentists think he has bottle teeth, please google). Husband mom, husband sister, and husband starts having a conversation about how baby's teeth must be due to lack of calcium since he only drinks one glass of fresh milk a day.

husband mom says he should drink formula. husband sister says formula has lots of really good nutrients. husband mom says that's why in Hong Kong children drink formula until 6 years old. This is where i can't stand it anymore and i pitch in, saying hong kong is practically one of the few places in the world where children drink formula until 6 years old, mostly due to marketing and advertisements culture.

Husband tells me not to change the topic. (??!?!?!)

I further mention that it's probably bottle teeth and due to the fact that he went to sleep with nipple in his mouth for so long (I breastfed till ~1.8 yrs), husband mom brings up that that's why he should drink with a bottle, because it's better. I mention that the condition is called 'bottle teeth' and happens to bottle drinkers too.

Husband tells me to shut up.

Husband sister changes the topic.

I mentally scream inside my head.

Note: baby is almost 2 years old

carang is offline Registered User
    deep breath and turn on the mental music to drown them out...they are truly going to drive you crazy... if you need a shoulder, you know i have two... i can easily spare one for you to cry on if you need it!

thanks carang! i can truly rely on you to make me feel better! Will stock up on mental music

when out with my in-laws i can sometimes mentally go through my entire ipod playlist, and i have about 6 hours of music on there!LOL!

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    There was a documentary that showed on ATV few months ago, about how some babies turned overweight due to the formula. They also said something about how formulas have lot of stuff in them, but there is mo prove that those stuff will be absorbed, as those are added and are not natural.

I don't know if I can find it on YouTube. You may then try to show that to your hubby.
    Posted via Mobile Device

problem is her husband has permanently turned his brain off. he doesn't listen to reason. he only has time to disregard his wife's views, to humiliate her, to yell at her and to just be a nasty piece of work... all the while being backed up by his mother, who it seems has passed every nasty gene she had to her son...

again, star, i got your back, babe!

thanks gataloca, knowing my husband, he'll say something along the lines of 'but that's for western babies and doesn't apply to our baby', so i better stick to carang's advice and go through mental music instead of endure another stupid conversation that goes nowhere...

but i have heard the same as well, that formula actually has a lot of nutrients in it that your child can't absorb anyways

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Yes... Probably your hubby will come up with something. But the documentary is in Chinese, and was about children obesity in Hong Kong, and was broadcasted on Nov 25, 2010 on ATV Home. I could find some information on the web, but couldn't find the video, as we don't have access to YouTube or Facebook at work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast