Quote Originally Posted by Jimbot33 View Post
I am a Canadian citizen, born in Hong Kong, and a citizen of both countries (holding a Canadian passport and a Hong Kong SAR Chinese passport).

I will be having a baby in China as a single unwed father with a woman of Chinese nationality.

I have a few questions:
1) How can I apply for HK SAR citizenship for my baby?
2) Can I ALSO apply for Mainland Chinese citizenship for my baby since he/she will be born in the mainland?
3) I will apply for Canadian citizenship for my baby. Will it create any complication that affects 1 & 2 above?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

i think it is unlawful to have a child out of wedlock in china. you are not the first to do it but i wont be easy for your kid to gain any other citizenship except for China. If you kid is born in china to chinese parents, the baby will be chinese. end of story.