Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Evenflo Exersaucer or Baby Einstein?

taysty is offline Registered User

Evenflo Exersaucer or Baby Einstein?

I know there must be some thread relating to this but its not quite up to date.

Last week, I went to bumps to babes in Central, they didnt have anything on display. Instead the sales ask me to go to find at Eugene or TRU. So i went Eugene, there's nothing similar except a Fisher Price kind of baby swing which i think it's not very stable and very wobbly. Then i went to TRU, there's only Baby Einstein. The thing is Baby Einstein doesnt bounce (well, according to the sales, which got their feedback from customers, it bounce a little). Last, i went to Mothercare, they have something similar, but the seat doesnt spin.

I really want to find one that can bounce and spin. My baby loves to jump and bounce on my lap. So i thought i want to get her a Exersaucer.

I went to classfields, there's one Baby Einstein but it's sold already.

My feeling is, these things are not good for babies? Or is there a recall of products? The variety seems very minimum. Well, i do not come from the states or europe, but such a big baby store in like Eugene only had one thing that come close enough?

carang is offline Registered User
    they are easily available overseas...so, if you keep looking in the classified sections of hte expat websites, you should be able to find one.

Wonder if I can order from overseas? Will it be cheaper?
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    not when you include shipping costs... your best bet is to watch the expat websiteS for someone selling one of them...

back before my first was born, i asked my mum to bring me one from canada... MUCH cheaper than here... like less than 1/4 of the price. depending on how old your little one is now, you may not get much use out of it. my son used it from about 6 months-10 months... by 10 months, he was walking independently and didn't like being put in the saucer at all...

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    B2B in Ap Lei Chau must have them on display - I got our baby Einstein one from there and they had a fairly good range to choose from.

@ cara

Will check out those classified. Beside, geoexpat, asiaexpat, anymore? My baby nearly 5 months.

@ jvn

Thanks. Will check it out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I would keep an eye out for a Fisher Price jumperoo (or go to Toys R Us where I am pretty sure they have them). My two little boys have absolutely loved this they can bounce and swivel around and it last for 3 or 4 months with plenty of amusement. I think it's safe but don't leave the baby in it for long periods (15 or 20 mins max.)

@ newbiekt

Oh, the one i saw at Eugene is called jumperoo. Right now, i'm still going for a exersaucer kind of thing.