- 06-28-2011, 03:21 PM #17Banned
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
thank you ladies, oh, nicolejoy thank you for having reminded me not to forget the toilet paper:D
- 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM #18Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
my post here for my experience at PY in March) then they will provide you with towels and the beds and area are a lot nicer.
You still need to bring everything though. At the public hospital they should give you a list of supplies you'll need before you give birth--stick to that list.
I brought underpads (make sure you have these with you--like carrying them in your arm when you go into the delivery room or they will give you a really hard time about it), maternity sanitary pads, clothes, toiletries, snacks/food (honey sticks). Toilette paper and soap is provided in the special accommodation wards. From what I hear, the general ward showers and toilets can be pretty gross (blood everywhere etc.) so definitely bring shower shoes/sandles.
The staff bathe your baby for you and use their own baby soap but it might be different in the general ward at PY. If you want the baby to use a specific type of soap you might give it to them. Bring diapers for the baby and wipes (but they actually gave us samples in the special accommodation ward). I brought clothes for my baby because I don't like the way the hospitals wrap them in multiple confusing layers so I preferred our own clothes.
You'll be assigned a locker for your belongings to keep any bags in.“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”
~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)
Mother of Two
JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK
- 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM #19Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- hong kong
Violet i am in a similar situation my son was born in New Zealand and im giving birth in early april in Pamela Youde. so far it seems fine (if not no frills!) only thing that worries me is i might have to deliver in a room with others if crowded so we may be neighbours in a whole new way!!
- By hannah.e.law in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2008, 08:31 AM
- By Lolipop in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 07-14-2007, 08:27 PM
- By Hkmuma in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2005, 03:51 PM
- By Hkmuma in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:46 AM
- By kaz in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:58 PM