Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pamela Youde

jordana is offline Banned
    thank you ladies, oh, nicolejoy thank you for having reminded me not to forget the toilet paper:D

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by jordana View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    I am 35weeks pregnant, registered in PY for delivery. I would like to ask you, is there anything I am not going to need to bring to hospital? like diapers for baby, shampoo, lotion, baby clothes, sanitary towels for myself..?? My first delivery was in my home country in Europe and pretty much stuff we got in hospital, I just do not want to bring too big bag if not needed. Also, do I need to have chosen a pediater before my baby is born?
    Many thanx in advance for your replies.
    If you give birth at Pamela Youde you have the option of applying for the special accommodation ward. If you're put in that ward (costs more $$--see my post here for my experience at PY in March) then they will provide you with towels and the beds and area are a lot nicer.

You still need to bring everything though. At the public hospital they should give you a list of supplies you'll need before you give birth--stick to that list.

I brought underpads (make sure you have these with you--like carrying them in your arm when you go into the delivery room or they will give you a really hard time about it), maternity sanitary pads, clothes, toiletries, snacks/food (honey sticks). Toilette paper and soap is provided in the special accommodation wards. From what I hear, the general ward showers and toilets can be pretty gross (blood everywhere etc.) so definitely bring shower shoes/sandles.

The staff bathe your baby for you and use their own baby soap but it might be different in the general ward at PY. If you want the baby to use a specific type of soap you might give it to them. Bring diapers for the baby and wipes (but they actually gave us samples in the special accommodation ward). I brought clothes for my baby because I don't like the way the hospitals wrap them in multiple confusing layers so I preferred our own clothes.

You'll be assigned a locker for your belongings to keep any bags in.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

catherineb is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    Violet i am in a similar situation my son was born in New Zealand and im giving birth in early april in Pamela Youde. so far it seems fine (if not no frills!) only thing that worries me is i might have to deliver in a room with others if crowded so we may be neighbours in a whole new way!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet A View Post
    I am also reigistered to give birth at Pamela Youde and reading the above post from FShah made me feel so much better! Thanks.
    We had our first daughter back in Sydney so I have been quite nervous about having to give birth in Hong Kong (due early April). The only negative thing I and my husband found so far was that the corridor of the hospital smelt of the urine when we went there for the checkup!! not pleasant at all!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123