Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

moses basket or not????

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I echo all of the above. We had a bassinet attachment as part of our stroller set (Quinny Buzz) so used it at the start but I would have been happy using the big cot and a sleep positioner (to keep baby on their back) from the outset.

jada511 is offline Registered User

On the subject, has anyone used the Bugaboo Bassinet or a similar stroller bassinet for sleeping during day and night for the first month or so. I don't want to waste more money on a bassinet since I have the Bugaboo, just wondering if anyone has done this? I'm a first time mom and I have heard it "might not be safe" but i never really know what might be a bit overcautious. I won't leave it on the stroller, I plan to get a stand that it will fit in.

southside852 is offline Registered User

yes, like those posted above it's totally not necessary to use a moses basket. With my first son, we borrowed one from a friend and used it on our ground floor so he could be with us (we had a two floor apt), but at night he slept in a crib in our bedroom since birth. With my 2nd one, we didn't want to buy one and he slept in the room next door in a crib . . .no problems with both.

Jada - we had the Quinny Buzz bassinet (I assume it is similar to the Bugaboo bassinet) which attaches to the Quinny Buzz stroller. We used it for the first 3 months for all of baby's sleeps at home. Never heard a concern about using it but I wouldn't use it for walks down the street as the baby is not secured in the bassinet and can bounce around which is not good. That is the only concern I have heard about using bassinet attachments with strollers.

chuckles is offline Registered User

Hi Starbucks 2 What is a sleep positioner? and where can you but it? It might be the best option for us and then we could skip moses basket all together..

I got mine from Eugene club in Central but I expect they have them in Mothercare and Bumps 2 Babes. The one we had was two wedges of foam with a piece of fabric between it. You buy the baby between the wedges of foam and it stops them rolling over on their tummy (more risk of SIDS if the baby is on their tummy).

Similar to the below:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CG4Q8gIwAg#

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12