Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bottle Teat size

1234 is offline Registered User

Bottle Teat size

I am just in the process of converting from breast to bottle. My baby is 5 months old.

I have been topping up with a bottle for a couple of months on a size 2 avent teat. Bubs seems happy with this size. But looking at baby cups the other day I realised I should probably be increasing the teat size so she can eventually drink out of a cup.

I tried a 3month plus teat the other day and milk just came pouring from the sides. Should I be continue to try and increase the teat size? Or just stick to what she is happy with? If I stick to the size 2 teat - how will she ever graduate to drinking from the larger cups?

Im confused??? Can anyone help? Thanks

Biggie is offline Registered User

If milk keep coming out, then the teat is prob too big for your baby. The labels are just guideline, I think you should stick with the one you baby is happy with and try the size 3 again in a couple weeks.
    I remember my baby was "behind" on the teat size too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

taysty is offline Registered User

Agree with Biggie. My baby also nearly 5 months old and still using the Avent Size 2 teat. I tried to change it when she is about 2 months, the flow is too fast for her, i try it also at 3rd and 4th month, still it doesnt work out. So i will just stick to what she is happy with for now.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

stick to whatever she is happy with - i remember with mine, i changed because to a higher teat size because my LO was falling asleep without finishing her milk (and it wasn't because she as full - but tired from sucking). when they are ready you will be able to tell - can't rush it.