Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

help re strollers??!!

jvn is offline Registered User
    Mid-Levels, Hong Kong
    It's something one that very much depends on where you live and what you usually do.

A heavier reclining stroller is great if you tend to walk where it's stroller friendly. If you're a total taxi addict then you need something that collapses one handed but the weight won't be such an issue. I find the Maclaren a bit of a pain to collapse if I am getting a cab and have The Boy plus a bit of shopping with me, I think Combi is a push button collapse so would be better?

We have the quest and love it, being a couple of kg lighter than the other models mentioned means that I can still pick up the stroller, shopping and 12kg boy on all the bits of the escalator that have steps without too much trouble - now he's this weight I'd be looking for a taxi if I found one of the stretches of escalator was closed whereas I used to carry him up in the stroller without a problem (if you don't count red faced and a bit sweaty as a problem :-)

Even now I mostly use a sling and usually only take the stroller if I know I'll need it (going out over nap time, walking a lot in a shopping centre) or if my husband is with me to help.

So the quest is great for lightness but isn't suitable from birth so you would need to come up with an alternate solution for the first few months, sling, a different model or maybe borrow something suitable? Think about where you live now and where you think you'll be spending your time (cafes, friends houses, playgroups, shops near you or in central, mtr, buses or cabs) and are there steps or is it relatively stroller friendly.

taysty is offline Registered User
    Chai Wan
    I am using Combi Urban Walker. It's easy to push only if the baby is facing street. And only collapse when the seat is street facing. It is easy to open and close with one hand with some practice. However, it is not too compact when fully collasped.
    Posted via Mobile Device

TNT is offline Banned
    Hong Kong
    I am with Nicole joy and jvn, the McLaren quest, using a sling for the first few months (which is so much easier when they are little anyway unless you live out in the NT or Stanley or somewhere where you do lots of walking with the pram. Ours has done 2 kids, lots of air travel and is still going strong. I borrow my sister's Techno XT when we visit her overseas and find it so much harder to manoever and much heavier in and out of car/taxi/bus. But it will depend a bit on how you plan to use it.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi, if you live on HK island's not as stroller friendly as all the above posters have mentioned. We definitely used the carrier (sleepy wrap and sling are great and then graduated to the ergobaby) which is so much more convenient and I prefer it when going out with baby, but now that I'm pregnant again, it isn't possible. I think the combi is light and uses the one-hand fold so it's way more convenient. We got the Uppababy G-luxe umbrella stroller which is great--super easy to fold and light and it reclines as well, but not available in Hong Kong. You probably won't be using the stroller much until about 4 or 5 months anyway. If you plan to use a stroller that fits the maxicosi carseat, that's a whole other thing...I think the bugaboo bee and quinny zapp/buzz are the easiest to use with that carseat especially if you do plan to travel by taxi a lot. Good's a tough decision!

Biggie is offline Registered User
    Hong kong island
    I have a super light weight combi and used it from birth ( bb now over 2 yrs old). Love how it is light and one hand fold. I can hold baby in one arm, fold and carry stroller with the other while carrying a diaper bag. It works when I go around " town" like central and cwb.
    Posted via Mobile Device

lalila is offline Registered User
    Hi ive had bugaboo cameleon, bee, maclarens techno and phil and teds when i had my second and i have just bought the cheapest of all a 250 hkd one which is perfect and hold the youngest in a carrier but i would if i went back get the maclarens quest all depends on your build as well im very small and rather weak so you also need something that wont break your back pushing and lifting. i think the quest for hk is perfect happy shopping :)

chuckles is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    Thank you for all your replies.. its a whole new world for us!! But I really appreciate all your suggestions and advice.. We live in a Relatively(hong kong version!!) stroller friendly area but I spend alot of time in Central etc and I really need to consider that as well. Thanks again :)

tongrosy is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I brought one Nuna Stroller/Buggy from UK last year for my little boy, it looks so great, and works very well too. It can be used from new born until 4 y plus. I just heard from my friend that Nuna Buggy is also avaialble in HK now, the shop name is called Cosmo Beebies...sth like this...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast