Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Book store

temajie is offline Registered User

Book store

Hello,
    Is there a book store where I could find books on children (in English), especially focused on activities to do with young children (kindergarden), parenting or early childhood studies.
    Thanks

rani is offline Administrator
    Check out ShopinHK.Com

We used the Gymboree books when my son was little. They have a great Baby and Toddler book

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Another great website you can buy books from is www.bookdepository.co.uk - it has free worldwide shipping and the prices are generally about 40% cheaper than Dymocks!! Ships from the UK immediately and is here within a week or two max. I've been very impressed with them!!

temajie is offline Registered User
    Thank you but contrary to my thread about online toy stores, I would like to know if there is real book stores in town where I could go and look up myself. Thanks.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Well there is Dymocks - they have branches all over the place, like IFC, Windsor House, Harbour Centre Wan chai... Then there is Bookazine - Princes Building... there's book buddy in Stanley and Windsor House... and there's one that I LOVE in Lee Gardens (the same floor as Mothercare but the opposite end) - but I can't remember the name of it... (but it's still cheaper to shop, write down what you want and then order it from book depository - but it takes a week that way ;) )

AmyH is offline Registered User
    There is a book store next to toys r us in Ocean terminal (TST). They sell children's books and books for adults about babies and children so they may have what you are looking for.

Portia is offline Registered User
    If you can't find a suitable bookstore, have you considered using the public library? What I like to do is check Amazon for the titles of books that seem interesting and then I borrow the book first from the public library. They have a lot of books about activities for children (eg, art and science) and parenting etc.

I use the public library's online catalogue to see if they have the book (doesn't matter which branch as they can transfer the book to your branch), reserve it and wait for the library to contact me to tell me that the book is ready for collection at my branch. You can renew the book up to 6 times (ie, keep for 12 weeks in total). If I like the book and think it is useful after borrowing it, then I order it from an online retailer. I find that this is even better than a quick look at a bookstore!

Neha is offline Banned
    I would agree with AmyH , the store name is book buddy it is very good. There is another one which is good in Lee Garden Causeway Bay next to the Seed store. I think it is called Book Castle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast