Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Need advice - Delia vs. AIS ??

glad888 is offline Registered User

Question Need advice - Delia vs. AIS ??

Hi,

We have moved to HK for 3 mth and my daughter will turn 6 next week this month.

However we cannot find any place for her at any international schools since our arrival from London, but we cannot wait anymore since she will miss half of the year 1 course and won't be able to get in anywhere later on.

My question: if the only two schools have limited space, which one would you suggest us to apply for: Delia Intl school vs American Intl school??

Pls kindly give us some advice asap...

Thanks in advance!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    American International School - if you want to eventually transfer to another international school of your choice later on, AIS would have a better reputation than Delia overall and hence would help in the transfer (I believe).

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by glad888 View Post
    Hi,

We have moved to HK for 3 mth and my daughter will turn 6 next week this month.

However we cannot find any place for her at any international schools since our arrival from London, but we cannot wait anymore since she will miss half of the year 1 course and won't be able to get in anywhere later on.

My question: if the only two schools have limited space, which one would you suggest us to apply for: Delia Intl school vs American Intl school??

Pls kindly give us some advice asap...

Thanks in advance!
    I guess it depends on where you live. I don't think there is a huge difference. I know (and have seen) quite a few students feeding into ESF from Delia without too many problems, although it can be quite a rough start with the PYP, etc. which is quite different in terms of learning. However, it mostly depends on the type of learner the child is. If you're on the island I would go with Delia, if you're in Kowloon I would go AIS, again, don't think one is considered way better than the other.

glad888 is offline Registered User
    Many thanks for your response, point taken