Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr Adrian Wu for eczema

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Dr Adrian Wu for eczema

Hi, wondering if anyone has experience with Dr Adrian Wu (Centre for Allergy and Asthma Care) treating your baby's eczema or allergy problem.

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

Not for a baby, but saw him myself as i had developed ecxema, then an allergy (terrible itchy rash). He did the tests and it was clear it was dustmites (even though I am in my 40's and have never previously had a problem with dustmites). The treatment he gave worked a treat and that with some other changes worked a treat.He explained everything clearly. Obviously don't know what he is like with children. It is expensive though but well worth it to get rid of that awful itching!

Thanks a lot, TNT. For your dustmite problem, did he also provide a solution for it?... Dustmites are in everywhere!

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned

Well they are so it is hard! We needed a new mattress anyway and have bought one with a latex top which has greater resistance to dustmites. My husband has always had a dustmite allergy so had been pushing this for a while. We are both fine overnight. The main culprit though was our sofa (my back and legs got really bad when sitting on the sofa). We have been vacuuming it regularly and also got rid of our feather cushions. It has worked over winter so will be interesting to see how we go over summer - we don't have the air con on that much compared to most people and I know that was a large part of the problem. Dr Wu did recommend leather sofas but ours is quite new and we love it so we are hoping to avoid having to change it. We have all wood or tile floors and no rugs at all. Fingers crossed it keeps working. Are you going to see Dr Wu?

Yes, I am. Poor baby is almost 8 month old now, and has eczema on and off since he was 1 month old. Took him to a dermatologist and has been on steroid creams for 2 months, and each time we switched to a milder cream (hydro cortisone) his skin would flare up again. It has been very stressful for us, since we don't know what is causing it: the cat? something on my diet (since I am breastfeeding him)? something on his diet (he is starting solid)? If we cannot find what is causing the eczema, at least would like to know what would not cause it (like the cat, since my hubby has been wanting to get rid of her since I got pregnant)

penelope is offline Registered User

My 4 year old son has been seeing Dr Wu since he was 6 months old.He had loads of allergy as a baby and now he s down to dust mites and peanuts.
    He has eczema as well and asthma.The asthma seems to be under control now but not the eczema.We changed his mattress got rid off carpets etc. he has an IQair in his room but nothing seems to work apart from cortisone.
    He can start desensitization for the dust mites next year when he turns 5 . I think it costs around $30 000.
    We really hope that it will work as it is our last option with conventional medecine.
    We tried chinese doctors as well but he wouldn t drink the "potion"...
    I might try acupuncture as well. Did anyone try it for eczema??

southside852 is offline Registered User

My son saw Dr. Wu too for a potential milk allergy when he was around 13 months old. He was very helpful in what turned out to NOT be an allergy at all. He gave us helpful steps to try and figure out its trigger. We found him to very pleasant and professional.